Holland America
www.hollandamerica.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overall, a good place to work

Seattle, WA

ProsOverall the company is good to work for. There is good leadership and interesting opportunities for smart, hard workers. I've seen first hand that the leaders are extremely ethical and I'm proud of the product we deliver.

ConsPeople have to work very hard due to the very lean organization. Also, for the last few years pay increases have been very small in this difficult economy that's taken it's toll on the tourism industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. As the economy improves we will go elsewhere looking for better salary increases and a less formal work environment.

once in a lifetime experience

Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Holland America as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: can tour different places, will met new friends, can distinguish whose races… Cons: discrimination from some of our senior management, overworked/overtime without pay,… Advice to Senior Management: be fair, on salary and the time of work each… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It has been a fulfilling experience working as well as travelling to different tourist destinations around the world.

Human Resources Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Holland America as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros: Fair, equal rights for all. No racism or prejudice. Advance… Cons: Too much work load in the HR Department and the only… Advice to Senior Management: To restructure the Human Resources Department that they are not overwhelmed with their jobs and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Holland America.

Worked for Holland America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holland America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Holland America CEO Stein Kruse. All reviews posted anonymously by Holland America employees.