Holland America
www.hollandamerica.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Best corporate experience of my career.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsGood review mostly due to my Director and collegues (90%). This company doesn't lay people off in droves.

ConsRaises are few and far between and the company generally pays less for the same job than other companies in the area. Most people are overworked (hence the lack of lay offs) and it's easy to get burned out if you make an effort for some work/life balance. The poor economy makes people fear making waves (by asking to be paid better for the extra efforts) and management takes advantage of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementShort-sightedness. We're supposed to save money by making things more efficient, but long term savings requires spending money on good solutions now. It will pay off sooner than you might think - listen to the people who do the jobs and losen the purse strings.

Photographer on Holland America cruise ships

Photographer (Former Employee)

I worked at Holland America as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Quite laid back position compared to other cruise lines/cruises, related… Cons: HAL hierarchy system I haven't found very appealing (sharp line… Advice to Senior Management: Should be paying more attention on injustice towards ship crew... this review… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Musician

Band Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at Holland America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Travel the world, decent pay Cons: Living on a ship for the rest of your life Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Holland America.

Worked for Holland America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holland America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Holland America CEO Stein Kruse. All reviews posted anonymously by Holland America employees.