There are newer employer reviews for Hollister Incorporated

Administrative Assistant

I worked at Hollister Incorporated

Pros

Nice to have on-site cafeteria

Cons

Passes by qualified employees for job switching

reviews filtered by

Was a GREAT company.....at one time,,,,,,and now is not that time

I have been working at Hollister Incorporated full-time

Pros

Excellent profit sharing for associates. On-site cafeteria is a good benefit, especially in bad weather. Ample vacation policy.

Cons

Continues to hire unqualified managers, then allows them to hire their friends from other companies. If there is a plan that works, they have to change it to create turmoil. Talks to associates as if the associate is stupid and clueless. The Annual Reviews are a JOKE. Makes things up on reviews. When asked about it, decline to offer any kind of proof. Managers who do not know what their team does, allowed to review them, and rebuttals are ignored, by both the managers, their boss, and HR. HR will do whatever a manager requests. Management is driving good employees out, regardless of the profit-sharing. The company spent a lot of money installing video conferencing equipment, but everytime you turn around, everyone is gone to one of the other sites. Then they cry about the budget. They claim to be following the founder, Mr. Schneider's, legacy, but if he were still alive, I believe he would be having fits. Mr. Schneider cared about the people who worked for him. I was there when Mr. Schneider was still in charge.

To the most senior management, WAKE UP. Look at the turnover of us low-life employees. Or is the reason we are ignored, so that any portion of the profit sharing is returned, and distributed. Many long time associates have left because they didn't like the way they, or people they knew, were being treated. Some day, you may achieve your goal, but there won't be anyone to do the work, they will all be VP's or Directors or Managers.

A drain on your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Hollister Incorporated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and bonus package are good.

Cons

- The worst career experience of my life.
    - Hollister has no understanding of what to do with innovative, talented employees.
    - They put you in a box and redefine your talents and career goals towards things you are not interested in pursuing.
    - Hollister treats you like a child who needs constant advice and supervision.
    - Those who try to buck the system disappear with no explanation.
    - Hypocrites who say one thing and do the opposite.
    - Very backwards and conservative when it comes to investing in technology.
    - No one can be trusted, especially upper management and HR.

It's too late. All upper management would have to leave for this situation to change for the better. I would advise management to move to Europe since most of the company profits are there anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Hollister Incorporated