There are newer employer reviews for HollisterStier

Good place to work and gain experience in a GMP-regulated environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at HollisterStier

Pros

HS offers very good compensation for the area. There is a high level of compliance with a desire to expand and increase profits.

Cons

Job advancement potential is limited at HS. The tenure is very long (a low turnover rate) partly because biotech opportunites in Spokane are few.

9 Other Employee Reviews for HollisterStier (View Most Recent)

Hollister-Stier= STRESS

Former Employee - Manufacturing Lead in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Lead in Spokane, WA

I worked at HollisterStier

Pros

The money and the benifits. That's it! The pay was amazing and you get four weeks vacation time every year. They are really good at expanding and allowing upward movement but be careful, hte higher you go the more stressed out you will become.

Cons

There is just to much overtime involved. If you have a family, forget about knowing them. There was never a week where I worked less than fifty hours. The stress is also a major factor. That is the reason I quit. I was so stressed out because of lack of experienced managment I actually got stomach ulcers.

Please don't take anymore untrained supervisors in. It makes the technicians go crazy.

Jubilant HollisterStier - Spokane Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at HollisterStier full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HollisterStier is a fairly small company and there is a lot of interaction between departments. Spokane people are generally friendly and good to work with. The pay is OK... Not what it is at larger Pharmaceutical companies, but good for Spokane. It's close to home so commute is minimal. The work is challenging. The first 7+ years at HollisterStier were wonderful. Room for advancement, challenging opportunities, a sense that I was valued for my knowledge and expertise. I have invested a lot of energy in the company and hope for their success.

Cons

The last 2+ years have been less than pleasant. Much of the older directors and managers that we had and looked up to were retired or left. In their place, some managers and directors were hired that do not value our opinions and ideas, and it shows. Poor treatment and bullying of employees goes on regularily and nothing is done about it. Can't seem to get product out the door without issues. Aging equipment that should have been replaced years ago. Promises that pay will be increased for additional certificates and education, are re-nigged on or simply ignored. Long hours in order to meet timelines are standard.

You have talented and able staff members/ employees who want to be involved and valued. But your organizational structure is such that you have a few staff that you count on, and they aren't necessarily the ones with the ideas! Disgruntled employees are your biggest problem. You know why they are unhappy... not getting pay increases on time, or deserved job merits, increasing workloads, constant heavy workload, little appreciation from managers or directors. Tackle the problems from the bottom up, not from the top down. There are no problems we all can't tackle together, but the corporate culture has got to change or you will never benefit from the 500+ great minds working for you.

There are newer employer reviews for HollisterStier