Good place to work and gain experience in a GMP-regulated environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Spokane, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at HollisterStier

Pros

HS offers very good compensation for the area. There is a high level of compliance with a desire to expand and increase profits.

Cons

Job advancement potential is limited at HS. The tenure is very long (a low turnover rate) partly because biotech opportunites in Spokane are few.

Other Reviews for HollisterStier

Hollister-Stier= STRESS

Former Employee - Manufacturing Lead  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Lead in Spokane, WA

I worked at HollisterStier

Pros

The money and the benifits. That's it! The pay was amazing and you get four weeks vacation time every year. They are really good at expanding and allowing upward movement but be careful, hte higher you go the more stressed out you will become.

Cons

There is just to much overtime involved. If you have a family, forget about knowing them. There was never a week where I worked less than fifty hours. The stress is also a major factor. That is the reason I quit. I was so stressed out because of lack of experienced managment I actually got stomach ulcers.

Please don't take anymore untrained supervisors in. It makes the technicians go crazy.

Change in Ownership = Change in Culture

Current Employee - Manager  in  Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at HollisterStier full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The compensation and ability to work in pharmaceuticals is great for Spokane, WA.

Cons

There is a lot of talk about growth and investing in the employees. To date this has not been done and is wearing on the facility. People are being asked to do more with less and not being provided the tools for success.

It takes investment in the individuals and systems to maintain the success of the business. Right now it seems as if decisions are made on the short-term bottom dollar and not investing for the future. The fate of other CMOs appears to be in the future as departments become more fractured and less cooperative. Listen to what those say who are leaving the company. They are the canaries for the overall business.

There are newer employer reviews for HollisterStier.

Worked for HollisterStier? Contribute to the Community!