Holmes Murphy
www.holmesmurphy.com Des Moines, IA 150 to 499 Employees

Rewarding and Fun

Business Development Intern (Former Employee)
West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Holmes Murphy

ProsIf you want to get experience in the Insurance industry HMA is the place to be. Great internship program that you are actively learning and gaining numerous skills. I had a great summer with them. You will do projects and assignments that you would never get access to do in a educational setting.

ConsMinimal feedback from HMA. Sometimes as a Intern we had a lot of down time and didn't have enough work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the Internship program program more organized and give us more to do and more involved in the sales process would be nice.

Overall, an above average place to work.

West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Holmes Murphy

Pros: HMA has a very relaxed atmosphere with friendly people, a good environment, a reasonable workload, and a generous bonus program. The company throws jovial meetings and… Cons: Because of how long tenured many folks are with the company, an attitude of "this is the way we have always done it" lingers around… Advice to Senior Management: Overall, this is a really good company to work for and most folks will really enjoy it. Continuing to stay focused on HMA's legacy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Associate

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Holmes Murphy full-time for less than a year

Pros: Growth opportunities and great learning opportunities Cons: Be ready to hit the ground running Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Holmes Murphy.

Worked for Holmes Murphy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Holmes Murphy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Holmes Murphy CEO Daniel T. Keough. All reviews posted anonymously by Holmes Murphy employees.