There are newer employer reviews for Hologic

Very Good while it lasted, management doesn't care about you.

Former Employee - Product Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Product Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hologic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture in Indianapolis, but not the same in Marlborough or Bedford. Pay was competitive, training was better than average and the mission of the work was extremely fulfilling.

Cons

The biopsy business is likely going to regress quite a bit with production moving to Costa Rica and the plethora of intellectual capital that was let go. The engineering replacements and marketing replacements are going to drown.

Advice to Management

You probably should have sold off the biopsy business instead of move it because it may tank with all of the talent gone.

reviews filtered by

If you can't get another job, go for it

Former Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hologic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, work/life balance, short drive to work

Cons

If you want to advance your engineering knowledge, this isn't the place to do it....not much training that is worthwhile. If you have half a brain, you'll feel smarter than management. Felt more like a job shop where degrees weren't required rather than a challenging environment.

Advice to Management

Get some more intelligent people to manage your business. I now went to another company and I'm much happier with who I work with.

Working at Hologic

Current Employee - QA Engineer
    Current Employee - QA Engineer

I have been working at Hologic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are flexible and have a great team I work with..when I get to work on my projects. Like what the company stands for.

Cons

It is hard to accomplish anything here. So many silos, cliques and type A attitudes abound. Management isn't cohesive and doesn't offer any suggestions or gives any feedback. They will talk about you to other staff members but will not discuss it with you directly. I had that happen on different occasions. Women do not hold executive titles there and I do not see it happening in the near future. Sad to hear about Indianapolis closing. Hologic decided to close it and now moving process Costa Rica and to the east coast. Really liked the people there.

There are newer employer reviews for Hologic