Home City Ice

www.homecityice.com

Good job in college.

Former Employee - Driver  in  Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Driver in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Commission pay is nice.
Flexible about time off

Cons

Lack of communication from corporate.
Payscale is not clear. It is not explained very well when hired, and I have heard of several employee's (at more than one plant) who thought they were getting nickle and dimed by management. In at least two of these cases the driver proved his case and was correct.

Offer advancement opportunities, commission increases based on tenure to add incentive to stay. Moreso, make this information readily available to drivers to educate themselves.
Allow drivers to manage their own routes.

Other reviews for Home City Ice

Good Summer Job

Former Employee - Driver  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Driver in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Pays well and is a great summer job. A very unique work experience for a college student. Best suited for a college student since it is a very season job.

Cons

It is expected that you work 10 hours days, at least 5 days a week. Also summer holidays are a required work day for all employees, however they do pay very well.

It's ok

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Romulus, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Romulus, MI

Pros

During the winter time the environment is very relaxed. I am able to work on homework in my free time and it is pretty ok. I like my bosses and everyone that works there is pretty cool. Plus free ice!

Cons

The summer time is hectic and wild. The company is expanding rapidly and has trouble keeping up customer demands, leaving a lot of angry people yelling at me. Also, hours can be inconsistent due to the seasonal nature of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Home City Ice.

Worked for Home City Ice? Contribute to the Community!