Home Depot Canada
www.homedepot.ca Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

A Stressful, yet Educational Work Environment

Showroom Specialist (Former Employee)
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Home Depot Canada full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat customer interaction, associates are like family, periodic raises, fantastic benefits, caters to your needs, decent promotional structure, and all the training in the world.

ConsLack of supervision, high expectations, high-stress work environment, huge workload, bad hours, and difficulty in terms of schedule flexibility (for FT associates). Turnover rate in the company is high (as high as 65%).

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in a few extra hours into stores so that they can have adequate coverage on the sales floor.

Good experience

Cashier (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Home Depot Canada part-time for more than a year

Pros: Opportunities to further your career if you're good at your… Cons: Irate customers, working with lazy associates Advice to Senior Management: Be more consistent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Loved the job. Great Associates.

Sales Associate II (Former Employee)
Burlington, ON (Canada)

I worked at Home Depot Canada part-time for more than a year

Pros: Learned a lot. Great associates. Cons: Hours. Irregular shifts. CUSTOMERS are brutal. Advice to Senior Management: Learn other departments to help associates when they get busy. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Home Depot Canada.

Worked for Home Depot Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot Canada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Depot Canada CEO Bill Lennie. All reviews posted anonymously by Home Depot Canada employees.