Home Goods
www.homegoods.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Homegoods Happy!

Recovery/Processor/Markdowns (Current Employee)
Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Home Goods part-time for more than a year

ProsI think for a retail store this is probably one of the best companies to work for. If you work on the floor there's a lot of room to input your own creativity into endcaps etc. You can generally do things in an order you're comfortable with. The back in processing is a different world, but is also pretty fun and fast paced. Management works with you if you have a concern and they're extremely lenient with requesting time off. The dress code is almost unbelievably lenient too, I have my septum and lip pierced and they don't care. If you take the time to really learn your niche then the job is doable asleep. Also, even though I'm not a fan of working register, the system is insanely easy to learn and get used to. I've also never liked a staff of people (including managers) so much in any place I've ever worked. (We also have the best store in our region official :])

ConsThe worst is customers, but that's any retail job. Management could do a bit better with giving direction. Some associates seem to go totally unnoticed when they don't do their jobs, others who run around like a nut get criticized a bit more. It's a little frustrating after a while, but these are literally the only real problems and I think that's really pretty good.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your caring and dedicated associates a little more when they have a concern or have some projects in the back of your head for when someone asks to do something extra or there is time instead of letting lazy people walk around and look busy the last 2 hours of the night.

Great job, especially for retail, but it should pay more!

Front End (Cashier)/Merchandise (Floor) Associate (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Home Goods

Pros: -great, positive, and welcoming environment; all associates, coordinators, and managers are nice and friendly, and most customers are nice or at least easy to deal… Cons: -pay isn't competitive, at least for associates (i.e. minimum wage to start) -no health benefits, at least for associates -employee discount is only 10% (especially given the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

An easy, fun part-time job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Seekonk, MA

I have been working at Home Goods

Pros: The others that I work with became some of my best friends. They are fairly flexible when it comes to time off. You are able… Cons: The scheduling system sometimes makes the weirdest schedules. Because some of the employees go to school, they are not able to move up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Home Goods.

Worked for Home Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Goods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Goods CEO Ken Canestrari. All reviews posted anonymously by Home Goods employees.