There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

Hectic work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I met at work are great for the most part. The variety of merchandise is fun to view and display.

Cons

The lazy workers are kept on the registers while the hard working ones work their behinds off for their entire shift doing returns and picking up after the sloppy customers. It gets tiring after a while. If you annoy the manager in any way then you can expect your hours to be cut to the bare minimum.

Motivate the lazy workers to do their part or get rid of them. Praise your hard working staff and up the pay. For the pittance pay that we receive we do too much work. Plus fix the heating and air conditioning units, who wants to work or shop in a store that's hot as an oven. I'm sure that HVAC maintenance will not hurt your bonus too much.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods (View Most Recent)

Not the best place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Home Goods part-time

Pros

I cannot think of one thing.

Cons

Discriminating towards certain types of ethnicity. My boss basically referred to me as being "stupid" without actually saying the word. I asked for more training (since I wasn't properly given) but he bluntly, and rudely said otherwise. Blaming the factor on myself and not the "training." Was there even any? Out of all my co-workers (even the new hires) are given more hours, and I am the only employee who works much less than the amount of hours since I started. I would be lucky to get at least 8 hrs within a week. Managers highly play favorites on which employee they should help.

Learn how to treat your employees with respect. Don't expect to throw them in the wild and get written up immediately after they got hired. Expectation won't do much since proper training was not covered during the first day and throughout. When asked for more training, don't degrade their understanding.

Not good Stay away also

Former Employee - The Truck Guy in Hillsborough, NJ
    Former Employee - The Truck Guy in Hillsborough, NJ

I worked at Home Goods part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly employees fun good laughs

Cons

Cutting hours, lazy employees, Management suck, DM visit, Rushing to get truck done, no empolyee where you need them. There a lot of problem with this company. There a program call BEST to track your work but it's 100% bull. The system is Flaud. Your rush to finish half a truck in to days which ranges from 900 to 1500 in 4 hours each day. Half the truck are never stack goods or on pallets to make it easy. We also have one guy pulling out furnture wall dec lamps and rugs plus help customers with Carrie outs and register. We waste money by buying fixture that we don't needs that's could open others store with. Shopping that are all broken.

Have a store meeting with every employee that works there you someone didn't show up they don't have a job anymore. Work with you staff instead of sitting in the office. More hours for people that work. Toss out fixture we don't use.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods