There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

Love the people, workload is HEAVY, pay stinks.

Current Employee - SalesFloor/Merch/Cashier in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - SalesFloor/Merch/Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture - both management and employees enjoy each others' company, sharing laughs in a congenial, though VERY hard-working, environment. I really like the people I work with. Managers at my store have specifically stated that they value and actively want to foster a positive, pleasant, and fun environment for both employees and customers.

Cons

Too few people doing too much work for far too low pay. The pace is always hectic, if not teetering on chaotic. I and my coworkers *HUSTLE* ALL.DAY.LONG. From the beginning of a shift until the very end, we are hustling, if not even scrambling to get our assignments done amid customer interruptions, being called for cashier back-up, price checks, approvals, carry-outs, rugs, paid-holds, and more... It is exhausting. There are simply not enough people scheduled to cover everything that needs to be done.

Corporate TJX Management: Stop being so lean with payroll. Step into a given employee's shoes for even just an hour and you will see just HOW. MUCH. WORK. it is to keep a HomeGoods running. Stop requiring 1 employee to do 3 urgent jobs. Either keep stores staffed with more people throughout the entire year, or pay a heck of a lot more than $8-10 hour. The low pay is forcing good employees out.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods (View Most Recent)

Hectic work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I met at work are great for the most part. The variety of merchandise is fun to view and display.

Cons

The lazy workers are kept on the registers while the hard working ones work their behinds off for their entire shift doing returns and picking up after the sloppy customers. It gets tiring after a while. If you annoy the manager in any way then you can expect your hours to be cut to the bare minimum.

Motivate the lazy workers to do their part or get rid of them. Praise your hard working staff and up the pay. For the pittance pay that we receive we do too much work. Plus fix the heating and air conditioning units, who wants to work or shop in a store that's hot as an oven. I'm sure that HVAC maintenance will not hurt your bonus too much.

Not the best place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Home Goods part-time

Pros

I cannot think of one thing.

Cons

Discriminating towards certain types of ethnicity. My boss basically referred to me as being "stupid" without actually saying the word. I asked for more training (since I wasn't properly given) but he bluntly, and rudely said otherwise. Blaming the factor on myself and not the "training." Was there even any? Out of all my co-workers (even the new hires) are given more hours, and I am the only employee who works much less than the amount of hours since I started. I would be lucky to get at least 8 hrs within a week. Managers highly play favorites on which employee they should help.

Learn how to treat your employees with respect. Don't expect to throw them in the wild and get written up immediately after they got hired. Expectation won't do much since proper training was not covered during the first day and throughout. When asked for more training, don't degrade their understanding.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods