Home Goods

www.homegoods.com

Pleasing products, pleasant customers, little pay or training for cashiers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Moraga, CA

ProsHome Goods sells appealing home decor, kitchen, bed and bath items at 20 to 60% off department and specialty store prices. Employees get 10% discount. Customers generally pleasant and other staff generally pleasant.

ConsAll training is on-the-job with nothing in writing about equipment, procedures, or pricing. Schedule changes week by week. Pay just above minimum wage for entry-level workers. Merchandise changes frequently. If a price tag is missing, cashiers are expected to go find something similar, rather than someone "on the floor" doing a price check.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your cashiers a training checklist, handouts on procedures and policies, then at least one shift with someone at your side. Don't expect cashiers to do price checks.

Typical minimum wage job to build resume

Cashier (Former Employee) Staten Island, NY

I worked at Home Goods part-time for less than a year

Pros: fun staff good hours nice management good location Cons: no room for growth low pay repetitive work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great employees

I have been working at Home Goods

Pros: Interesting product, good employee incentives. Cons: Under staffed, under paid employees. Advice to Senior Management: You can't give great customer service with minimum staffing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Home Goods.

Worked for Home Goods? Contribute to the Community!