There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

The staff are what really make this place!

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at Home Goods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love my fellow coordinators! I've worked at 3 different Home Goods and each one has had such a wide range of diverse and friendly staff. My home store in CA has the best management ever. Very accommodating and wiling to work with you. They offer full time and part time and are very accommodating to your schedule. This company is doing very well so you can be sure they'll be in business for many years to come! They also have a ton of locations (and they're constantly opening new stores everywhere) and because they're also part of TJMax and Marshall's it gives you lots of opportunities to transfer should you need to.

Cons

Pay. Compared to a lot of other places the pay is o.k. Also, if you're working at one of the higher volume stores you definitely don't get paid enough for all the different types of work you do. You also only get 30 hours a week as a full time employee.

Advice to Management

Please look out for your hard working employees. I've seen so many amazing people who truly care and are fabulous workers leave feeling unappreciated. I believe this is a good company but unfortunately a lot of issues are getting overlooked.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Management Is Scary

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Hyannis, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Hyannis, MA

I worked at Home Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros I can think of is that it's nearly impossible to get fired.

Cons

Training is non-existent, yet manager and assistant managers lose their patience with you because you don't know how to do something. The managers are rude to employees, snarky, and find passive aggressive ways to punish you (like "forgetting" to put you on the schedule). They often make employees cry. The employee discount is just awful at 10 percent. Constant pressure to sell TJX charge cards and ask for donations to charity from every single customer.

Advice to Management

You need to be retrained or find another profession as this one is obviously boring you to death. Stop saying rude, personal, and cruel things to your employees. If you have a problem with someone's performance, just come and tell them in a normal tone of voice, don't make a cruel joke out of it. You're making even the customers uncomfortable.

2. Love The Job - Could use more hours.

Current Employee - Merchandising Coordinator in Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - Merchandising Coordinator in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Home Goods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean work environment, love the contests!

Cons

Could use more hours.

Advice to Management

Take care of your hard working employees.