There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

The staff are what really make this place!

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at Home Goods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love my fellow coordinators! I've worked at 3 different Home Goods and each one has had such a wide range of diverse and friendly staff. My home store in CA has the best management ever. Very accommodating and wiling to work with you. They offer full time and part time and are very accommodating to your schedule. This company is doing very well so you can be sure they'll be in business for many years to come! They also have a ton of locations (and they're constantly opening new stores everywhere) and because they're also part of TJMax and Marshall's it gives you lots of opportunities to transfer should you need to.

Cons

Pay. Compared to a lot of other places the pay is o.k. Also, if you're working at one of the higher volume stores you definitely don't get paid enough for all the different types of work you do. You also only get 30 hours a week as a full time employee.

Please look out for your hard working employees. I've seen so many amazing people who truly care and are fabulous workers leave feeling unappreciated. I believe this is a good company but unfortunately a lot of issues are getting overlooked.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods (View Most Recent)

Horrible

I have been working at Home Goods

Pros

Some cool people work there. Due to the pay though it attracts a lot of unpleasant people working there,

Cons

Low pay
    Horrible customers
    Horrible management
    Horrible benefits.
    This is the only place i've ever worked for that told you how to sign up for welfare and food stamps.

Increase pay, don't cater to all customers, care more about your employees.

Terrible management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Home Goods part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a very busy fast paced environment which made the day go by quickly.

Cons

As the number 1 store in the company it was so frustrating that we were always understaffed. We got so many customer complaints that the lines were too long even when we had every available cashier up front ringing. There was one night where we had a huge line and only 4 people that knew how to ring and when I spoke to the store manger about this he just shrugged. The managers don't care and don't want to do their jobs. Most of them spend their entire shifts sitting around talking in the back office while I worked my butt off for a fraction of the pay.

Schedule more people to close, and don't expect the supervisors to do all the work for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods