There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

The staff are what really make this place!

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at Home Goods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love my fellow coordinators! I've worked at 3 different Home Goods and each one has had such a wide range of diverse and friendly staff. My home store in CA has the best management ever. Very accommodating and wiling to work with you. They offer full time and part time and are very accommodating to your schedule. This company is doing very well so you can be sure they'll be in business for many years to come! They also have a ton of locations (and they're constantly opening new stores everywhere) and because they're also part of TJMax and Marshall's it gives you lots of opportunities to transfer should you need to.

Cons

Pay. Compared to a lot of other places the pay is o.k. Also, if you're working at one of the higher volume stores you definitely don't get paid enough for all the different types of work you do. You also only get 30 hours a week as a full time employee.

Advice to Management

Please look out for your hard working employees. I've seen so many amazing people who truly care and are fabulous workers leave feeling unappreciated. I believe this is a good company but unfortunately a lot of issues are getting overlooked.

Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods

Terrible management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Home Goods part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a very busy fast paced environment which made the day go by quickly.

Cons

As the number 1 store in the company it was so frustrating that we were always understaffed. We got so many customer complaints that the lines were too long even when we had every available cashier up front ringing. There was one night where we had a huge line and only 4 people that knew how to ring and when I spoke to the store manger about this he just shrugged. The managers don't care and don't want to do their jobs. Most of them spend their entire shifts sitting around talking in the back office while I worked my butt off for a fraction of the pay.

Advice to Management

Schedule more people to close, and don't expect the supervisors to do all the work for you.

Quick Job Fair Interview

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I worked at Home Goods part-time

Pros

Interviewer was pleasant. Questions were pretty typical.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is because they are hiring an entire team for a new store but everyone starts off part-time and at $7.30 (or $7.50?) an hour. If you do well (for an unspecified time), full time might available. By the time I was interviewed on the first day of a week long job fair, only two positions were still available, cashier and processor.