Home Goods

www.homegoods.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

The staff are what really make this place!

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at Home Goods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love my fellow coordinators! I've worked at 3 different Home Goods and each one has had such a wide range of diverse and friendly staff. My home store in CA has the best management ever. Very accommodating and wiling to work with you. They offer full time and part time and are very accommodating to your schedule. This company is doing very well so you can be sure they'll be in business for many years to come! They also have a ton of locations (and they're constantly opening new stores everywhere) and because they're also part of TJMax and Marshall's it gives you lots of opportunities to transfer should you need to.

Cons

Pay. Compared to a lot of other places the pay is o.k. Also, if you're working at one of the higher volume stores you definitely don't get paid enough for all the different types of work you do. You also only get 30 hours a week as a full time employee.

Please look out for your hard working employees. I've seen so many amazing people who truly care and are fabulous workers leave feeling unappreciated. I believe this is a good company but unfortunately a lot of issues are getting overlooked.

205 Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods (View Most Recent)

Love The Job - Could use more hours.

Current Employee - Merchandising Coordinator in Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - Merchandising Coordinator in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Home Goods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Clean work environment, love the contests!

Cons

Could use more hours.

Take care of your hard working employees.

Meh.

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Home Goods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Customer's are treated like gold here.
    - Benefits are all right.
    - They are mostly flexible with the schedule.
    - Good merchandise.
    - 45 minute lunch is pretty decent for a full day of work, plus two 15 minute breaks.
    - Some of the employees here are amazing.

Cons

- 10% discount
    - Like I said, customers are treated like gold here, but they'll crap on their own employees to satisfy their customers.
    - The pay is awful, especially for a merchandise coordinator. It's not worth the work we put in.
    - Never enough help on the floor to finish projects in your department, so you'll constantly be pulled away. In fact, there are times when I'm barely in my department to clean and set up my displays because I'll be on backup cashier constantly, be put on a project that has nothing to do with my department, be told to do markdowns because there wasn't someone scheduled to do them for some reason. Meanwhile, if the DM or some other type of management walks in and asks what is going on in the department (why is it such a disaster) that department coordinator gets thrown under the bus.
    - Communication is horrible.
    - Presumptions are always made. Gossip is rampant.
    - Favoritism. For example: coordinators will be told that they must have open availability for the position and they cannot be going to school, have another job, etc. Yet, SOME coordinators will be allowed to pursue a college education while working a coordinator position. Hmmmm.
    - We'll be told to do something one way, then another, then another by the DM ... then another way again. There's no winning either way.
    - Extreme disorganization in the way the store is run.
    - The morale with the employees is awful here, which in turn effects customer satisfaction at this store sometimes.

Micromanagement is awful. Stop it. Let your coordinators take care of their departments so they are actually shoppable. Walk the departments often and communicate -- stop talking behind peoples' backs.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods