There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods

Fun, Engaging, Demanding.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the associates. The Family feeling, friendships are amazing. I always felt welcomed.

Cons

The customers are stuck up, picky and mean. Though they are some that are amazing customers the annoying and stuck up customers were the only con. Office culture is professional. Everything has a place. Leadership is great. Compensation sucks. Why, there are a lot of times an associate would go the extra mile for a customer but some don't even thank you. Then there is the heavy lifting for customers who are too spoiled to pick something under 10 pounds by themselves.

Comparing the same company with other stores who get paid 10 the min wage seems to love their jobs more even better their wages increased, but here we are stuck at 9.13 an hour.

163 Other Employee Reviews for Home Goods (View Most Recent)

My Working Experience at HomeGoods

Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Pearland, TX

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are many reasons why HomeGoods is the perfect retail job. For one I have consistent working hours that never change unless i'm need earlier than my scheduled time. Its also a great for getting merchandising skills that could be helpful when applying for other retail job. They also reward there associates with gifts and gift cards.

Cons

The starting pay is very low.

I think we have the perfect management team.

Good summer job, Should not be a long time career unless manager.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Home Goods part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are very friendly, willing to help others out, a majority of the coordinators are not stuck up and are actually nice. Flexible schedule. 45 minute lunch if you work a shift longer than 6 and half hours.

Cons

The amount of pay one gets for the massive amount of job responsibilities one has as a Sales Associate. Minimum wage for cashiering, carrying out furniture, assembling furniture, merchandising, carrying things for customers, taking phone calls, calling like 5 other HomeGoods for a customer to look for a specific item, organizing/recovery, processing returns, emptying "tanks"(rolling shelves of products), etc etc. While HomeGoods has about 15 billion dollars in profit every year, they should compensate the employees that make it possible. I guess the company is greedy enough to only give employees a 10% discount. Have to request days off 2 weeks in advance. Cashiers are blamed for item voids(taking an item off a total after having scanned it) when it really is the customers' indecisiveness to blame. So when item voids get above 1.5% management gets mad. Higher career opportunities are limited until someone leaves which many will not for a long time.

Don't blame employees for high item void percentages when it is the customers' faults for the most part. Also hire more people as most stores are understaffed and there are too many tasks for too few people and then customers get angry. Also there should be more attainable rewards for employees that perform well in persuading customers to get the TJX credit card and/or donating.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Goods