Home Instead
www.homeinstead.com Omaha, NE 50 to 149 Employees

Fulfilling, but can be exhausting.

Caregiver (Current Employee)
Martinsburg, WV

ProsI work for an excellent office staff (Martinsburg, WV), employees are recognized for hard work regularly. They are very accommodating and notice the little things. Never have I worked for a company so connected with its employees, sending cards for every holiday, even a sympathy card after I had to put my fur baby to sleep. These little things mean a lot in this kind of work, and makes you feel like a valued member of this team.

ConsThe downside has nothing to do with the company, but with this line of work in general. I believe it takes a special kind of person to do this work, and it's easy to get burned out if you aren't careful.

A team atmosphere with a lot of praise and rewards for being a team player.

Personal Care Aide (Current Employee)
    Carson City, NV

I have been working at Home Instead part-time for less than a year

Pros: Ability to meet the needs of elderly and their loved ones. A feeling of making a… Cons: A lot of travel and wear and tear on your vehicle. Sometimes the hours are… Advice to Senior Management: Arrange appointments so that the down time is not so far between that it kills… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disorganized and not respectful of employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Home Instead part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility/ meet few families you want on a regular basis Cons: Way way too many phone calls in a day, begging you to accept shifts you… Advice to Senior Management: Stop calling ridiculous amounts, listen to your employees wishes, respect… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Home Instead.

Worked for Home Instead? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Instead reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Instead CEO Roger Baumgart. All reviews posted anonymously by Home Instead employees.