Home instead ... " To us, it's personal"

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Caregiver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

They work around your hours and are like a family. I love my job and the clients I care for. They take time to match the care giver and the client so that they make a good combination.

Cons

Home instead caters to senor citizens thus having the older clients there is the knowledge that the day will come when the client care giver relationship will end. It is sad to think about at times but must be addressed.

I think the families of clients should go to educational classes to learn more about their loved ones condition so they could have a better understanding. I am amazed at how some of my clients families think they know about my clients illness from what they hear or are told from other sources but it is not factual information.

Other Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Minimal employee support company-----Caregivers Rock!

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for if you have a genuine passion for helping people.

Cons

Franchise offices differ widely and tend to keep inconsistent hours and have a high turnover in both staff and caregivers.

Management really needs to get there act together and realize that both caregivers and clients are very aware of the high turnover in both caregivers and office staff. This does not bode well for this company!

Best part was working with clients

Former Employee - Caregiver  in  Middletown, CT
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Middletown, CT

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Helping people was very benificial. Spending time with people who appreciated what was being done and the time it took to do.

Cons

No communication between management and caregivers. There was a lot of things happening where it was obvious they were only concerned about money and not the welbeing of clients and caregivers.

Really needs to look into franchised offices. Also the motives of Office owners, managers and supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care.

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!