Home Instead Senior Care

www.homeinstead.com
  www.homeinstead.com
There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Home instead ... " To us, it's personal"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Caregiver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They work around your hours and are like a family. I love my job and the clients I care for. They take time to match the care giver and the client so that they make a good combination.

Cons

Home instead caters to senor citizens thus having the older clients there is the knowledge that the day will come when the client care giver relationship will end. It is sad to think about at times but must be addressed.

I think the families of clients should go to educational classes to learn more about their loved ones condition so they could have a better understanding. I am amazed at how some of my clients families think they know about my clients illness from what they hear or are told from other sources but it is not factual information.

234 Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care (View Most Recent)

They lack leadership with communication skills.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Keeps you working 40 hoursj + a week.

Cons

As an employee, I feel they should communicate more with not only the employees, but the clients as well. Lack of training as to what is expected at the job.

Realize that we make you alot of money. Be open more on paydays. Train people to do their job so the really good caregivers don't have to pick up their slack

These people are super-helpful and make sure you are fully trained.

Current Employee - In-home Care Worker in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - In-home Care Worker in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This job is super rewarding. If you like to leave work knowing that you have made someones day a little easier and brighter then this is the place to be.

Cons

The worst part is bathing someone you just met.It can be quite uncomfortable but it gets easier with time.

It would be great if everyone was on the same page with scheduling. I know there are accidents but if I'm double booked that isn't going to be possible.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care