Home Instead Senior Care

www.homeinstead.com

Great work with good people, but not a sustainable salary.

Caregiver (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe people are wonderful, the company will find you any hours you want as long as you do your part. Due to my family's needs, I've had to ask for different shifts and my employers were more than willing to work with me. Home Instead also provides a thorough training program which includes having supervisors who can come to your rescue in situations you don't feel comfortable with. I've also had the opportunity to meet some pretty amazing people just as a caregiver.

Cons1- There may come a day when you come to work and your client is deceased. It is kind of the nature of the work: making people comfortable in their last days. But when it happens, it's tough.
2- The pay is just above minimum wage. You do get raises, but it's not quite enough to support a family on. I've considered taking on a second job.
3- It can be emotionally taxing. This sort of work is definitely not for just anyone. It's really easy to get burnt out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management , in and of itself, is fantastic. When something isn't working, it gets fixed. Employees are held accountable in a positive, productive manner.

HISC in Fort Collins does not care about their employees

Caregiver (Former Employee) Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I loved all the clients I had. :) Cons: Ignored by management when asked why I wasn't paid the correct rate. Then… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect and listen to their concerns if you want to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Meaningful Work with a Less Than Desirable Office Culture

Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This organization does wonderful work for the seniors and families that they serve. They treat their field staff--Caregivers & CNA's much… Cons: I worked for this company for several years. Very demanding work for very low pay--feels like non-profit. No sense of a team, you… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a true HR Manager to implement EOEE and Labor… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Home Instead Senior Care.

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!