There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Concerning compensation

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the work. BUT working shift pay allows me to benefit from Food Stamps and earning under minimum wage. It is all legal and by the book. I guess next benefit is being part of Obamacare.

Cons

Working 12 hours only paid for 10. There is no pay difference even though it exists in payment made to company. i.e. difference in insurance compensation and Veterans compensation. I realize that as a CNAll my skills are not utilized as such and when the opportunity presents itself HI will be behind me. My clients will be taken care of but I will not assume responsibility as anything more than a babysitter.

Remember, you get what you pay for. As far as the office I work thru why not at least have a group insurance plan that would let insurance cost be a little bit more affordable as self payer. I don't know if all franchises are the same. Even if it is legal ( the pay and lack of benefits) is there no moral obligation to try to provide some consideration to employees? There is certainly some disconnect between how wonderful the company is to families in the company literature and how the caregivers are compensated.

216 Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care (View Most Recent)

Working for Home Instead

Current Employee - Companion/Caregiver
    Current Employee - Companion/Caregiver

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great flexibility since the job is per diem. You can call and take yourself off the schedule when you need to.

Cons

The pay is terrible. I have been there two years, and currently am paid 30 cents over minimum wage. Sometimes there may not be work available for weeks.

Pay people better.

Fulfilling, but can be exhausting.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Martinsburg, WV
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Martinsburg, WV

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work for an excellent office staff (Martinsburg, WV), employees are recognized for hard work regularly. They are very accommodating and notice the little things. Never have I worked for a company so connected with its employees, sending cards for every holiday, even a sympathy card after I had to put my fur baby to sleep. These little things mean a lot in this kind of work, and makes you feel like a valued member of this team.

Cons

The downside has nothing to do with the company, but with this line of work in general. I believe it takes a special kind of person to do this work, and it's easy to get burned out if you aren't careful.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care