Home Instead Senior Care
www.homeinstead.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

Concerning compensation

ProsI enjoy the work. BUT working shift pay allows me to benefit from Food Stamps and earning under minimum wage. It is all legal and by the book. I guess next benefit is being part of Obamacare.

ConsWorking 12 hours only paid for 10. There is no pay difference even though it exists in payment made to company. i.e. difference in insurance compensation and Veterans compensation. I realize that as a CNAll my skills are not utilized as such and when the opportunity presents itself HI will be behind me. My clients will be taken care of but I will not assume responsibility as anything more than a babysitter.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember, you get what you pay for. As far as the office I work thru why not at least have a group insurance plan that would let insurance cost be a little bit more affordable as self payer. I don't know if all franchises are the same. Even if it is legal ( the pay and lack of benefits) is there no moral obligation to try to provide some consideration to employees? There is certainly some disconnect between how wonderful the company is to families in the company literature and how the caregivers are compensated.

Disorganized, disrespectful of employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility, meet few families you would like to see on… Cons: Phone calls of an insane amount, too much pressure on caregivers, does not listen to the employees,… Advice to Senior Management: Do not continue to ignore employees when you are suppose to respect them. Do not pressure people into things they are uncomfortable with.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Meh it was alright for the most part

Caregiver (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than a year

Pros: Very flexible scheduling Nice bunch of people to work with you get… Cons: low pay especially for the work low hours barley got 12… Advice to Senior Management: try to give people more hours No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Home Instead Senior Care.

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Instead Senior Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Instead Senior Care CEO Roger Baumgart. All reviews posted anonymously by Home Instead Senior Care employees.