Home Instead Senior Care

www.homeinstead.com
  www.homeinstead.com
There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

Great place to learn how to deal with people

Current Employee - Office Manager in Demopolis, AL
Current Employee - Office Manager in Demopolis, AL

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're in school or just out of school, this is a great place to learn andgrow

Cons

Constant stress, lack of resources

dont pinch pennies

228 Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care (View Most Recent)

Disorganized, disrespectful of employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, meet few families you would like to see on a regular basis

Cons

Phone calls of an insane amount, too much pressure on caregivers, does not listen to the employees, pressuring employees into shifts when employees clearly says their availability and where/with who they want to work

Do not continue to ignore employees when you are suppose to respect them. Do not pressure people into things they are uncomfortable with. Do not discipline or dismiss employees on unfair, unsafe, disrespectful grounds that have nothing to do with their job expectations but on personal opinion.

Concerning compensation

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the work. BUT working shift pay allows me to benefit from Food Stamps and earning under minimum wage. It is all legal and by the book. I guess next benefit is being part of Obamacare.

Cons

Working 12 hours only paid for 10. There is no pay difference even though it exists in payment made to company. i.e. difference in insurance compensation and Veterans compensation. I realize that as a CNAll my skills are not utilized as such and when the opportunity presents itself HI will be behind me. My clients will be taken care of but I will not assume responsibility as anything more than a babysitter.

Remember, you get what you pay for. As far as the office I work thru why not at least have a group insurance plan that would let insurance cost be a little bit more affordable as self payer. I don't know if all franchises are the same. Even if it is legal ( the pay and lack of benefits) is there no moral obligation to try to provide some consideration to employees? There is certainly some disconnect between how wonderful the company is to families in the company literature and how the caregivers are compensated.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care