Home Instead Senior Care
www.homeinstead.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

Not the best, not the worst.

CareGiver (Current Employee)
Salem, OR

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than a year

ProsPotential for flexible hours, paid time off after 1 year

ConsPay is low with no shift differential, virtually no benefits. If you aren't willing or able to work 12 hour shifts then you are stuck working 2-3 hour shifts and averaging *maybe* 10 hours a week if you're lucky. Don't expect anywhere near full time hours, even if they tell you they can "get you there".

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire new caregivers when you don't even have hours for the ones you have. Paying a smidge over minimum wage for this type of work is SHAMEFUL.

It's great taking care of seniors but don't feel appreciated from company

CareGiver (Current Employee)
Victorville, CA

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for more than a year

Pros: Create great relationships with the clients Cons: It seems like all they care about is the dollar sign instead of their own employees. This is twice I brought up a concern about… Advice to Senior Management: Need to start showing some concerns for employees and put yourself in our shoes and see what we all go through. Start showing some appreciation… More

good company

Care Aide (Current Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time for less than a year

Pros: I am a nursing student so… Cons: All employees are part time,making under 27 hours.… Advice to Senior Management: All employees should be offered … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Home Instead Senior Care.

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Instead Senior Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Home Instead Senior Care CEO Roger Baumgart. All reviews posted anonymously by Home Instead Senior Care employees.