There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

It depends on the franchise owner

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

One pro is that you are helping create jobs and helping seniors stay in their home

Cons

I have a two different owners, and I did not get to chose to work for the second.

Make sure that the owner of the company has your back, and that you are both on the same page

reviews filtered by
  1. Disappointing

Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Greenwood, IN
    Current Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Helping seniors stay at home as long as possible.

Cons

Some coworkers are inappropriately involved with clients on a personal level and this is allowed to continue even after numerous complaints by coworkers and family members. Also I am encouraged to ignore or under report significant events that occur in the home.

Listen to your employees and client's families. We complain because we care about these people!

Great as a fill-in. Stay away if looking a career.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Understands the need for continuing education. In Vero beach, jobs are plentiful. The more you say "yes" to a job, the more they hours you get. CLEAN CLEAN, & CLEAN. They're great at adhering to the laws. Will step up for caregiver/home health employees, when need be. Really try to match client with caregiver. I worked over 45hrs andthey still call me for other jobs. I have to say no, but when i need the money I will say yes.

Cons

Home Instead starts off at the highest paying in the area at a whopping 10 something an hour. Hope you like it! because that's where you'll stay forever! No loyalty points here. They charge clients more for night and weekends, but don't pass that on. OH wait, you get an extra 50 cents for weekends. Nothing more for night so I don't bother.
    The mandatory meeting is a bunch of clapping and nonsense. Sit down, listen to how great it is, take a gift card and call it a day. You don't get to know your co-workers.

Let the meeting's and Christmas party be about the employees. This is most likely the only time we speak with each other. let us enjoy it. Forty minutes should be max time to inform us on corp news, and salute the employee of the year. The pay is really not good. For a company that charges $22hr, and paying only a little over $10 and change an hr. Is fine in the beginning, but should change after a year. This job is demanding. your employees are asked to do work on the side & many don't. Not because the "fine print, or contract" but loyalty. Remember that. Caregivers are a dime a dozen, when you find one that stays....give them a raise!

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care