Home Instead Senior Care

www.homeinstead.com
  www.homeinstead.com
There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care

It can be rewarding, but is very stressful and you dont get enough compensation and recognition for the work.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Gilbert, AZ
Current Employee - Caregiver in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

Get to meet some wonderful seniors and flexible schedule and medical insurance.
They try to match your personality with the client's.

Cons

Get to meet some cranky seniors that mistreat you and abuse you emotionally everyday even when you use all the techniques to deal with dementia and alzeimers. ( some of the staffers wont care much about that cause they think its part of the job.
Not enough compensation for all the work you do.
Staffers don't give enough information about the client you're going to and you can find some " surprises". Good or bad ones
Its really emotionally demanding.

Keep trying to recognize the good work of caregivers and be sure to listen if the caregiver is burned out and needs a break or need to change clients. Try to make communication clear and for the rest keep up the good work.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Home Instead Senior Care (View Most Recent)

Gods work.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

I have worked in the Medical field for about 20 years. I have worked in Nursing homes and Rehab centers. I was proud to be there but never felt like I was never doing enough. There just wasn't enough time to take care of my client the way they deserved. About 3 years ago. I had brain surgery and was out of work for about 6 months. I had told God that I was not going back into the medical field. i had been thru enough with taking care of my parent until the end. He gave me 6 more months away from the field and let me try other jobs I had done before in the past. Then he sent me back to taking care of clients and sent me to HomeInstead. I have been here ever since. I love the clients I work with, I love the one on one time I have with them. I love my co-workers, the office staff and my boss. They are great and understanding people. I work for three different branchs. I just cant say enough about any of them. I have had some really nasty bosses in the past. These people are GOD SEND, I love all of them.

Cons

99% of the time you get the hours tha you want and the hours that you need, but on occasion whether it be because of a death or some one got better, Praise the Lord, you loose a client and then you may be down in hours for a short period of time. They always do their best to give you what you want.

There are some client out there that are just really hard to deal with, whether it be physically or mentally, For those client who are that challanging having some sort of insentive, whether it be a dinner out with the spouse or being able to have a spa visit where you can pamper your self would be so appricated.

This job is more of a calling than a job.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care

Pros

Best place I have ever worked. Never a problem getting time off when needed. Complete support from office staff.

Cons

Some times the hours are long. Clients can be cranky.

Keep up the good work. Always available to talk when needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Instead Senior Care