There are newer employer reviews for Home Paramount Pest Control

Home Paramount Pest Control is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training, company vehicles and gas cards, free uniforms, industry competitive pay. Advancement opportunities are readily available. Multiple locations.

Cons

Insurance is a little high.

reviews filtered by
  1. Would not wish this company on my worst enemy

I have been working at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time

Pros

Dont pay the gas. Good co-workers. On the road by yourself.

Cons

Everything about the company is a con. The scheduling is horrible. You work long days with low pay. Suppose to be a "family owned company" but they obviously don't care about their employees spending time with their families. Work you to death and back and then some. the company is all about money and nothing more then that. Even had customers that hated this company (you know its bad then). I could go on and on all day!

Start talking with your techs and get stuff right.

2. Quality and integrity are not priorities.

Former Employee - Route Technician in Berryville, VA
    Former Employee - Route Technician in Berryville, VA

I worked at Home Paramount Pest Control full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company provides some excellent services for its customers. It also provides a decent benefits package after the first 90 days of employment.

Cons

The hourly termite tech position is low paying. As for the commission based route tech position, it provides for better pay potential. However, travel-time to and from each job site is not put into the equation. You only have a small servicing window between some jobs which compromises quality and thoroughness.

Many times, the employees I worked with were too stupid to ensure they had all the proper equipment and PPE before leaving for their assignments, or the equipment itself was faulty and didn't work properly. I think it was a combination of laziness, lack of care, and faulty equipment. Often times, the tech didn't have the proper tools to do a job, one going so far as to borrow some from the customer on site.

I've witnessed some employees attempting to take naps underneath crawlspaces. Other times, I've worked with a supervisor that skipped out on some of the services while working at a job site in order to finish faster. I've also worked with some individuals that didn't wear face masks and/or safety glasses when performing certain tasks, such as installing insulation. Many times, I was training alongside techs that appeared incompetent for the tasks they were performing.

Sales reps try to milk any as many unnecessary services out of existing customers and leads as they can. Some of the services are, arguably, not needed, but the customer is often too naive to see through sales tactics.

Whatever the company was like when it started out in 1939, I believe it has lost most of its original business model. Supervisors and personnel only seem concerned with revenue and how many leads or sales are being made each day. I have seen too many customers complain in my short time on the job, so I decided to leave.

Pay your employees, even if they have only worked for the company for 2 weeks. I have yet to receive any compensation for the time I worked. I may have worked for other employers in the past that I did not care for, but at least they paid their employees.

I digress though, really, management and/or corporate seriously need to rethink/reshape their business practices while also implementing better customer care standards. The company tries to give the appearance of whatever quality standards it had decades ago. I believe that it could get back to those standards under better management and well trained techs.

Bottom line, the customer is paying for the services your employees supposedly perform. There is a lot of competition out there and word of mouth can make or break your business.

There are newer employer reviews for Home Paramount Pest Control