Worked there 6 Years

Former Employee - Technology in Golden, CO
Former Employee - Technology in Golden, CO

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture - Really allow for balance between home/work. Decent pay, benefits were ok. The HR staff typically was never heard from. Worked for Senior Managers and it was impossible to tell what their main focus for a given year was

Cons

Horrible at giving raises, begging was about the only way to get one. Sleeping with your manager was another, but thats just disgusting. Allowed 1-2 people on a given team have WAY more power than their roles should have been allowed, 1 employee was known to have kept documentation that would 'keep her employed' as long as she wanted to work there.

Advice to Management

Find a way to promote from within way to much of the brain trust left over last 1yr, within technology groups.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It was a paycheck

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in Golden, CO

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, friendly environment, close to home.

Cons

NO, job security was my biggest beef. I also completely agree with innovation and trying new things, but at times it seemed to benefit NOBODY (including the company).

It's been a good job, but not sure about some recent personnel changes

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Manager and Director work hard for us, really seem to care about our success and who we are as people. They have built a fun environment and you work around a lot of good people.

Cons

Too many changes in a short amount of time without the corporate office listening to its employees. Recent changes to the product were trained poorly and felt disrespectful of the work that we've done for years. Things had been better than ever over the past couple of years, but it feels like we're heading in the wrong direction recently.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make sure that people put in newly created leadership roles are qualified and have real people skills.