There are newer employer reviews for HomeAway

The company has a strong future, but still having growing pains.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at HomeAway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great perks, benefits and smart people. The company's performance year over year is tremendous and that creates a healthy environment around the office.

Cons

Unorganized, internal promotions are not common, many job roles do not allow for upward mobility.

Focus more on promoting from within and not so much on the "pedigree" of external hires.

115 Other Employee Reviews for HomeAway (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities but pace is slowing.

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager

I have been working at HomeAway full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of smart people to learn from and not many jerks. Fantastic benefits like 4 weeks vacation. Continuous effort to define software best practices and figure out how to get there. Plenty of interesting projects going on. You get a lot of recognition and reward if you deliver something truly innovative or game changing.

Cons

Your experience will vary depending on which manager/VP you report up to. People assigned teams with lots of technical debt tend to get stuck there without opportunities to advance or take on green field projects. High functioning teams are often split up to staff new projects. The dev organization is wrestling with the effects of growth and hasn't yet found the most efficient model.

Easily the best job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Programmer
    Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at HomeAway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible culture. Amazing work/life balance. Autonomy, being treated like an adult. HomeAway really really takes care of their employees. In my 7 months here, I have been constantly amazed at all the little (and big) things that homeaway does for its employees.

Cons

...I guess the fact that it's so large can be cumbersome from time to time. But they wear it well.

Pretty much the best management I've ever worked for. Keep it up.

There are newer employer reviews for HomeAway

Worked for HomeAway? Contribute to the Community!