There are newer employer reviews for HomeAway

HomeAway

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at HomeAway

Pros

interesting industry; ability to get things done quickly.

Cons

some managers have no respexct for work-life balance and treat employees like children.

treat employees like adults and trust them to do the right thing.

144 Other Employee Reviews for HomeAway (View Most Recent)

HomeAway Rocks!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at HomeAway

Pros

The pay and benefits are great. I enjoy the work I do - it doesn't really seem like actual work. I look at pictures of homes, beaches, and other travel destinations all day! Every Wednesday, breakfast is brought in. We also have a kitchen with free drinks and snacks. The people at HomeAway are great to work with! HomeAway also has awesome parties. Another thing I like about HomeAway is that even though it is an office environment, it is not stuffy. No one wears suits to work. We are professionals, but the atmosphere for the most part is very casual.

Cons

Sometimes, the work can get a little tedious. I am one of the people responsible for editing listings, and there is a lot of in-depth reading and error correction involved, particularly with the job I do. Also, at the time of this review, we're in a stage of rapid growth, so there is a lot of work that needs to be done -- which means that there is a great need for overtime hours.

I have only good things to say about every aspect of HomeAway. Everyone within the company is approachable, and that's something I value, especially when it comes to upper management.

Great company

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in London, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeAway full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere in the office and a company that looks after their staff as much as possible.
    Career opportunities are always available
    Due to the casual nature of the company there is a great link from managers to other employees

Cons

Company is growing bigger everyday and could fall victim to a 'corporate' environment

To discuss changes with employees as they will always have a great insight to what the customer wants

There are newer employer reviews for HomeAway