HomeRun.com

www.homerun.com

A fricken nightmare!

Market Specialist (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe opportunity seemed perfect, it was close to home, no driving (in the hot AZ sun), calling merchants to to offer them an incredible form of advertising that would allow them to grow their business for just pennies. The VP seemed knowledgable in the field and seemed easy to get along with. The sales manager was ok too.

ConsThis company is so mismanaged it's unbelievable. It's run my men who change their minds like a stop light (and I thought women were the ones with this stereotype)! Anyway, the VP was very, very proud of his of his past where he had to tell me about the 5 or 6 different companies he had worked for, He likes to work for the underdog and bring them to success. Hmm, having been married to someone in an advertising management position and every 2 years was looking for a new position. It didn't hold water with me. I thought he was full of BS, but he insisted on telling these stories to anyone and everyone.

There is no hoopla over performance, unless you count "spinning the wheel" . However, after someone hit the one and only $500. we didn't get to play that game for about 2-3 weeks.

They can track your every move... how many calls you make, how many conversations you have and you have to meet these expectations. Ok, I don't mind that. They would offer coaching if you were on the sales managers' good side.

I was told over and over - that we are NOT like Groupon. But the first darn thing the sales manager said when you had a deal was "how did it perform with Groupon?" Again, make up your mind!

I was so frustrated during my employment and would not recommend this company to anyone, UNLESS you don't care about being recognized, you have very THICK skin and you can adapt to minute by minute changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't care if this is a 'start up' company, please, please stop changing your requirments minute by minute. Get a clue... sales people like to be recognized. RECOGNIZE them! And give up on the biz casual, what the heck nobody sees these sales reps so why dress up?

Homerun Now Deem and is greatest opportunity since FB, Google and Intel Combined

Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HomeRun.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: New Strategy and structure will make this best silicon valley/ SF start up ever. Better tha Netsuite,Concur, Ariiba /SAP or many others. Word has… Cons: For present employees with lots of stock payoff could be good… Advice to Senior Management: Keep communicating and doing what you are doing which is great. The CEO is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Caution: Troubled company

Market Specialist (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at HomeRun.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people I worked with in sales are great. Cons: I've never been part of such a mismanaged company. The upper management in San Fran seems oblivious to the major problems with the sales… Advice to Senior Management: Patrick, several months ago when you told all of us that you let the company down, I was encouraged. When you said that things… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on HomeRun.com.

Worked for HomeRun.com? Contribute to the Community!