HomeScript Pharmacy
www.homescriptpharmacy.com Chicago, IL 16 to 50 Employees

Over time the company culture and benefits keep getting more and more depressing.

ProsHours are daytime Monday through Friday with a set schedule (sometimes you may be required to rotate in a Saturday).

Health and dental insurance are good.

Coworkers are friendly, laid back, and there to get their job done.

At the end of the day it's a nice feeling to know you've helped make a difference in someones quality of life and worked to provide them with the medication they need.

ConsThe company culture is degrading over time. I was very excited and happy when I first started my job and I enjoyed it for many months after, but then they decided to start making changes that took away from employees (and some that didn't make sense). I understand, times are tight, throwing a big Christmas party might not be in the budget - fine. They cut our supply to coffee creamer (apparently $20-$40 per week is too expensive to spare on employee morale). Our dress code is business, even though we work in a call-center environment, and no, the business dress code does not make us feel more professional.

Also, employee policies are constantly being changed, and also being interpreted in different ways by HR or senior management. I've asked the same question to HR a few times, and have received different answers on each occasion (has happened to other employees too). I've asked for clarification on certain policies to management only to have someone else interpret it differently and therefore I take the brunt of it.

The pay is a also big con. Don't expect to get any raises, just added responsibility. Senior management is very out of touch with how your job functions and expect a lot for the little pay you'll receive.

Turnover is high and at this rate, expected to stay high.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CFO is creating a toxic work environment - she has been the sole reason that many people have left and that many people do not feel comfortable in their jobs. I'm indifferent to the CEO, since she's newer I don't have much to say about her and I've had nice and not so nice encounters with her, possibly the CFO is overstepping her bounds and getting in her way too - wouldn't be surprising. It would be nice to be able to have a stable replacement as a supervisor for customer service. There is a lot of meddling in peoples jobs when the senior management is out of touch with pharmacy operations - let people do their jobs or actually take the time to sit down for a few days and learn how things actually work.

Hostile, Underpaying Work Environment

(Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time for more than a year

Pros: -The service offered to patients is great and a benefit to the community, especially the financially disadvantaged and physically disabled (at least in theory, it… Cons: -Upper management is completely out of touch. All business decisions are made not based on talking to employees or studying their behaviors, but by looking… Advice to Senior Management: A good leader should be able to sit down at an employee's desk, pick up a task, and understand what needs to be done and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Let "professionals" run the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The services that company provides are great and there are alot of talented people who want… Cons: Poor pay, dont treat employees fairly, no trust or respect for employees or supervisors --and they don't let the qualified people… Advice to Senior Management: Let the talented people you bring in manage and run the business. Owner… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HomeScript Pharmacy.

Worked for HomeScript Pharmacy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HomeScript Pharmacy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HomeScript Pharmacy CEO Aristotle Kornaros. All reviews posted anonymously by HomeScript Pharmacy employees.