There are newer employer reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

Fun company, hard working team

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The team works really hard at providing the best customer service possible. The management team sets a high standard.

Cons

Long hours at times, but that's the norm in the industry. Turnover, but that's expected in the industry. Especially in customer service.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Try bring more patient and invest more in them.

Other Employee Reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

Great place to work if you have No Dreams or Aspirations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the end of the day the only positive aspect of this place are the services offered to patients. Co-workers are also very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Since I started working here the Owner and CFO have been completely responsible for destroying company morale and trust. Any opposition to these two is met with hostility and/or termination. The turnover rate is high and workers in sweatshops get more respect than employees do here. Pay raises are non-existent, no matter how well you perform, and you'll be lucky to get minimum wage.

Advice to Management

The only honorable thing to do at this point is spare employees the humility and just close this business for good. It's a disgrace to this Country that a company can be run like this while treating employees in such a disposable manner that proves the American Dream is Dead...

Over time the company culture and benefits keep getting more and more depressing.

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Hours are daytime Monday through Friday with a set schedule (sometimes you may be required to rotate in a Saturday). Health and dental insurance are good. Coworkers are friendly, laid back, and there to get their job done. At the end of the day it's a nice feeling to know you've helped make a difference in someones quality of life and worked to provide them with the medication they need.

Cons

The company culture is degrading over time. I was very excited and happy when I first started my job and I enjoyed it for many months after, but then they decided to start making changes that took away from employees (and some that didn't make sense). I understand, times are tight, throwing a big Christmas party might not be in the budget - fine. They cut our supply to coffee creamer (apparently $20-$40 per week is too expensive to spare on employee morale). Our dress code is business, even though we work in a call-center environment, and no, the business dress code does not make us feel more professional. Also, employee policies are constantly being changed, and also being interpreted in different ways by HR or senior management. I've asked the same question to HR a few times, and have received different answers on each occasion (has happened to other employees too). I've asked for clarification on certain policies to management only to have someone else interpret it differently and therefore I take the brunt of it. The pay is a also big con. Don't expect to get any raises, just added responsibility. Senior management is very out of touch with how your job functions and expect a lot for the little pay you'll receive. Turnover is high and at this rate, expected to stay high.

Advice to Management

The CFO is creating a toxic work environment - she has been the sole reason that many people have left and that many people do not feel comfortable in their jobs. I'm indifferent to the CEO, since she's newer I don't have much to say about her and I've had nice and not so nice encounters with her, possibly the CFO is overstepping her bounds and getting in her way too - wouldn't be surprising. It would be nice to be able to have a stable replacement as a supervisor for customer service. There is a lot of meddling in peoples jobs when the senior management is out of touch with pharmacy operations - let people do their jobs or actually take the time to sit down for a few days and learn how things actually work.