HomeScript Pharmacy

www.homescriptpharmacy.com
There are newer employer reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

Horrible Environment"

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time

Pros

It is tough to find anything positive about this company except for the patients. I focus on the fact that I am helping people by insuring that they get their medication and have some human interaction since many of our customers have no one to help them. This one of the factors that keeps me going the other is my co-workers. We are a tight group and try to support each other.

Cons

The environment here keeps getting worse by the day. It has to be the owner who wrote the 2 fairly positive reviews as no one here is happy. First our pharmacy manager left--he was great and we all respected him, then the new CEO leaves. We were encouraged as some positive changes were being made but now things are worse then ever. The pharmacists are not respected and therefore are unhappy like the rest of us. Expectations are unrealistic and there is no trust or respect for us.

Hire professionals to run the business and back away before you do anymore damage to the business and the staff.

12 Other Employee Reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy (View Most Recent)

Things get worse on a daily basis

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff--we support and console each other. Feel like I am helping people with the service we provide. Decent insurance benefits.

Cons

Pay is way below market. CFO and Owner don't have a clue how to run the business. New CEO left and we hoped that she would be able to make changes but like the people before her--she was fighting a losing battle. So many good people have left or been driven out by the CFO and Owner. Owner and CFO are so out of touch with reality it is a joke. They don't care about employees or what we say or think. it was obvious when they removed the suggestion box --how silly is that! They manage by fear and intimidation--even the pharmacists are afraid to speak up. The only way to survive and not get axed is to kiss up to them. Everyone is looking for another job--

Stop driving the good people out of the company. Start trusting and listening to your employees or you will lose more good people. Work on improving employee morale.

Over time the company culture and benefits keep getting more and more depressing.

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Hours are daytime Monday through Friday with a set schedule (sometimes you may be required to rotate in a Saturday).

Health and dental insurance are good.

Coworkers are friendly, laid back, and there to get their job done.

At the end of the day it's a nice feeling to know you've helped make a difference in someones quality of life and worked to provide them with the medication they need.

Cons

The company culture is degrading over time. I was very excited and happy when I first started my job and I enjoyed it for many months after, but then they decided to start making changes that took away from employees (and some that didn't make sense). I understand, times are tight, throwing a big Christmas party might not be in the budget - fine. They cut our supply to coffee creamer (apparently $20-$40 per week is too expensive to spare on employee morale). Our dress code is business, even though we work in a call-center environment, and no, the business dress code does not make us feel more professional.

Also, employee policies are constantly being changed, and also being interpreted in different ways by HR or senior management. I've asked the same question to HR a few times, and have received different answers on each occasion (has happened to other employees too). I've asked for clarification on certain policies to management only to have someone else interpret it differently and therefore I take the brunt of it.

The pay is a also big con. Don't expect to get any raises, just added responsibility. Senior management is very out of touch with how your job functions and expect a lot for the little pay you'll receive.

Turnover is high and at this rate, expected to stay high.

The CFO is creating a toxic work environment - she has been the sole reason that many people have left and that many people do not feel comfortable in their jobs. I'm indifferent to the CEO, since she's newer I don't have much to say about her and I've had nice and not so nice encounters with her, possibly the CFO is overstepping her bounds and getting in her way too - wouldn't be surprising. It would be nice to be able to have a stable replacement as a supervisor for customer service. There is a lot of meddling in peoples jobs when the senior management is out of touch with pharmacy operations - let people do their jobs or actually take the time to sit down for a few days and learn how things actually work.

There are newer employer reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy