HomeScript Pharmacy

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy

Great place to work if you have No Dreams or Aspirations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At the end of the day the only positive aspect of this place are the services offered to patients. Co-workers are also very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Since I started working here the Owner and CFO have been completely responsible for destroying company morale and trust. Any opposition to these two is met with hostility and/or termination.

The turnover rate is high and workers in sweatshops get more respect than employees do here.

Pay raises are non-existent, no matter how well you perform, and you'll be lucky to get minimum wage.

The only honorable thing to do at this point is spare employees the humility and just close this business for good. It's a disgrace to this Country that a company can be run like this while treating employees in such a disposable manner that proves the American Dream is Dead...

10 Other Employee Reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy (View Most Recent)

Over time the company culture and benefits keep getting more and more depressing.

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time

Pros

Hours are daytime Monday through Friday with a set schedule (sometimes you may be required to rotate in a Saturday).

Health and dental insurance are good.

Coworkers are friendly, laid back, and there to get their job done.

At the end of the day it's a nice feeling to know you've helped make a difference in someones quality of life and worked to provide them with the medication they need.

Cons

The company culture is degrading over time. I was very excited and happy when I first started my job and I enjoyed it for many months after, but then they decided to start making changes that took away from employees (and some that didn't make sense). I understand, times are tight, throwing a big Christmas party might not be in the budget - fine. They cut our supply to coffee creamer (apparently $20-$40 per week is too expensive to spare on employee morale). Our dress code is business, even though we work in a call-center environment, and no, the business dress code does not make us feel more professional.

Also, employee policies are constantly being changed, and also being interpreted in different ways by HR or senior management. I've asked the same question to HR a few times, and have received different answers on each occasion (has happened to other employees too). I've asked for clarification on certain policies to management only to have someone else interpret it differently and therefore I take the brunt of it.

The pay is a also big con. Don't expect to get any raises, just added responsibility. Senior management is very out of touch with how your job functions and expect a lot for the little pay you'll receive.

Turnover is high and at this rate, expected to stay high.

The CFO is creating a toxic work environment - she has been the sole reason that many people have left and that many people do not feel comfortable in their jobs. I'm indifferent to the CEO, since she's newer I don't have much to say about her and I've had nice and not so nice encounters with her, possibly the CFO is overstepping her bounds and getting in her way too - wouldn't be surprising. It would be nice to be able to have a stable replacement as a supervisor for customer service. There is a lot of meddling in peoples jobs when the senior management is out of touch with pharmacy operations - let people do their jobs or actually take the time to sit down for a few days and learn how things actually work.

Hostile, Underpaying Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HomeScript Pharmacy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-The service offered to patients is great and a benefit to the community, especially the financially disadvantaged and physically disabled (at least in theory, it is not executed very well).
    -When you're on the bottom rung and not privy to the activities of upper management, its actually a pretty good job. Everyone on the entry level in our team is actually quite friendly and helpful.
    -A nice change from the frantic day-to-day of retail pharmacy.

Cons

-Upper management is completely out of touch. All business decisions are made not based on talking to employees or studying their behaviors, but by looking at a number on a page. Numbers that have been proven as fundamentally flawed, but any evidence shown to prove the inaccuracies is brushed off as an "excuse" to not make them more money.

-Even the pharmacist gets pushed aside like his decades of experience aren't worth diddly.

-They don't trust their employees; multiple decisions have been made that don't increase productivity, they exist solely to watch us like vultures.

-While us entry-level employees aren't privy to all the financial details, there is evidence that they have lied about the growth of the business to avoid having to give people raises... raises which would bring them up to the Chicago average, instead of well below it where they are now.

-The department I work in has gone three months without a manager, because everyone in middle management gets lambasted for the most trivial things.

A good leader should be able to sit down at an employee's desk, pick up a task, and understand what needs to be done and how to do it. The CEO, CFO, and owner all wouldn't have a single idea what to do if they sat down at our desks and were expected to do our jobs. How can you lead a team and tell them what to do, if you don't even know what it is they do? We get that you're a businessperson, no one expects you to know clinical work, but I could ask any practical question and get blank stares. The great majority of the problems that upper management has caused would be solved if they actually understood what it led to at the day-to-day production level.

There are newer employer reviews for HomeScript Pharmacy