Homebase Limited

www.homebase.co.uk
  www.homebase.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Homebase Limited

Fun Place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service in Nottingham, England (UK)
Former Employee - Customer Service in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Given decent responsibility if you want it. Was able to make some good career progress from working there.

Cons

Low hour contracts mean that being able to get consistent working can be a challenge. Got a lot of overtime some weeks and none the next.

Start hiring on better hour contracts!

55 Other Employee Reviews for Homebase Limited (View Most Recent)

Hit the sales floor and your career will start

Former Employee - Consultant in Bromborough, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bromborough, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You really do have a fantastic opportunity to build a career with Homebase especially in sales, if you knuckle down a give 100% in the job Homebase will support you to move on to that next level and before you know it you were stacking shelves and now your selling, designing, project managing kitchens,bathrooms & bedrooms with a fantastic team to help you achieve your goals and targets.

Cons

The systems and processes need updating.

Showroom is a key part in any store, don't waste the opportunity you have to make the showroom the best you possibly can. Dedicate some time to get to know the showroom team and understand what drives them, make sure the showroom looks the best it can and be proud of it.

Staffing Issues

Former Employee - Shop Floor Assistant in Loughton, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Homebase Limited full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lovely people - Pay was prompt - training standards was OK - flexible with the hours - i really enjoyed some of my 7 years at homebase and went to many of the road shows and free 2 forums even the national one but with all my experience and being told I will be a manager one day I wasn't offered any type of progression so I left.

Cons

too much pressure for staff to sell finance - no progression within the company 7 years i was promised a move in the company and zip happened - unrealistic targets and KPI's - not enough full time staff, the staff was made up from 17 year old check out girls part time and 5 shop-floor lads who didn't know a bucket from a screw (even with training). smallest store in the company but wasn't listed for all item for delivery. only being able to order 30 fence panels at a time. i could go on on and on.

lets the stores set their own targets, give store more hours to invest in more full time staff, don't sell finance let it happen when people need it, have more opportunities for people to progress within the company and stop bleeding out your best talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Homebase Limited