There are newer employer reviews for Homejoy

No shortage of opportunities!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Homejoy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love being a part of Homejoy! We have a vision everyone gets behind and we're tracking to it. In the 6+ months I've been here, I've seen phenomenal growth in the business, it's leaders, offerings & myself... and we're just in the beginning stage! In addition, I feel like we're taken care of (catered meals, awesome benefits, flex schedule when needed, no pto policy, etc.). And if something's broken, we can recreate the process.

Cons

Although a number of us work long hours and are hyper connected to work, it's totally worth it!

-Stick to the vision
-Keep driving growth
-Actively engage employees for feedback

37 Other Employee Reviews for Homejoy (View Most Recent)

Great company with tons of culture and growth!

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Homejoy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managers at this company appreciate hard work and enthusiasm. Working at a start up is not easy, so having that go-getter attitude and open to change/trial-error, is a must! The CEO has a vision for the company that is beyond just making money. Creating a community for the cleaners, clients and workers at HQ is a goal that she and the rest of the Homejoy team is working hard to accomplish.

The company is clearly going places and there's a lot of room for growth and like I mentioned before, having a positive attitude and open to all kinds of change, gets you noticed! Those who want to be heard and have their ideas implemented are never let down. A great space for learning other skills, wearing multiple hats and making new friends!

Also, you get catered breakfast, lunch and dinner, fully stocked kitchen and workouts! (Can't complain about the quality of the food because, come on…it's FREE food!

Cons

Things are rapidly changing, people are moving up and around, so there can be mis-communication, but start-ups are like that in nature…that's what makes it stressful and fun.

Everyone starts off as contractors, sucks for taxes, but after a few months you can be a full time employee with great benefits!

As the company grows, continue to make connections with employees and the cleaners! Don't lose that culture!

Self employed is tricky

I worked at Homejoy (more than an year)

Pros

It is awesome to get tips from the clients, however many of them do not tip cleaners since it is not required. I could set up my own hours and area of work

Cons

As a independent cleaner you are responsible for any damage in the house that you clean. You have to pay for transportation and if you have two jobs a day, you do not get pay for the time frame between the jobs. Going to customers home is sometimes risky as you never know who that customer could be. That especially goes out to female cleaners. If you cancel a job on the day or day before the appointment, you will charged a 10 $ fee. The company doesn't provide any cleaning supplies ( if they did, a cleaner would be considered an employee) to the cleaners, but they still charge and add 5$ to customer's bill for cleaning supplies!! Carrying a bulky bag with supplies, mop, duster and heavy vacuum not convenient. Customers are sometimes rude and leave nasty comments on your dashboard and they write either they want to request again that particular cleaner or not, that can be frustrating. And there is no insurance, benefits because you are independent cleaner and this is your own business so if you hurt your back or something falls on you, you are on your own.

There are newer employer reviews for Homejoy