Honda R & D Americas
www.hondaresearch.com Raymond, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bitter / sweet ... would love to stay doing what I do, but there's no future.

Engineer II (Current Employee)
Raymond, OH

I have been working at Honda R & D Americas full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood medical benefits, retirement plan and company sponsored race teams. Great company car lease program and car "evaluation" program.
The company is very stable and offers job stability.
Two complete week's off during the year on top of you vacation.

ConsThe company makes you feel so guilty when you have to leave to take care of personal things, that I even went back to work the day after my wife was released from the hospital after having our second child.
Too many bosses, project manager, group leader, technical manager and they all pull you in a different direction, so is difficult to satisfy them all.
Poor training for new hires.
Excessive overtime (60+ hrs/week) due to managements poor manpower planing.
You will never do a good job, and it doesn't matter whether or not it was your fault, it will ALWAYS be your fault.
Absurd last minute requests that if not done on time, on top of everything else, then you did not do your job right.
Very slow at reacting to market changes creates frustration.
HR has nor control over managers, all policies are at manager's discretion.
In Honda, you are expected to exceed expectation, so when you exceed expectation you are just meeting the expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to learn how treat people because people are not replaceable like you think the are. People's health, physical as well as mental, are more important that that 2 hr long meeting at 7:00PM on a Friday when you are suppose to meet your family (Japanese management does not understand this but American management should.)
Is a divorce worth meeting that schedule? You know, associates have divorced due to the insane requirements.
Honda''s global attitude is perceived as arrogant, and it can also be felt in the work environment.
One last thing, Americans went to the moon and back when no one else did, think about that next time you are going to reject American staff ideas.

The best part of this job is the addition to your resume.

Engineer II (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Honda R & D Americas full-time for more than a year

Pros: Stable position. Good health benefits. Not much technical knowledge needed. Cons: Very slow to move up. Conservative philosophy presents a… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the younger generations. Learn to be more dynamic… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Looks Great on a Resume, At Least....

Research Analyst (Former Employee)
Torrance, CA

I worked at Honda R & D Americas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Stability, Health benefits, lease car program, location Cons: Incompetent management, low pay, lack of trust of employees, back-stabbing… Advice to Senior Management: -Stop putting so much emphasis on WHO good ideas come from - whether they come from your yes men or from others, a good, innovative… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Honda R & D Americas.

Worked for Honda R & D Americas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honda R & D Americas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honda R & D Americas CEO Frank Paluch . All reviews posted anonymously by Honda R & D Americas employees.