H of A

Current Contractor - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH
Current Contractor - Assembly Associate in Marysville, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people. Monthly bonus pay for attendance, pay increase for time put in. Full benefits package.

Cons

You have to get your body ready for the workload your about to endure. For the first 4-6 wks its going to be hell on your body, from bruises to your hands/fingers and wrist hurting. I work at honda through a temp agency and you get 2 call offs and 3 emergency days (BS, yea I know). Its a 2yr temp/hire position and there's no guarantee that you will get hired, there are people who have worked 7-10 yrs as a temp (Yea BS, i know). Not family friendly at all, obviously because of the #of days you can call off. An being a single parent can be challenging working at honda because things come up and you need for your employer to understand. Lets not talk abo how many days full time associates get off ugh!......Lets just say, I have been with Honda through Adecco for 7 months now and I am currently looking for new permanent opportunities. An unless you have 2 yrs of experience already in manufacturing the pay isnt that great at first. Your pay raise is increased by the # of hours worked. About every full time associate that I've talked to all say that if they could quit right now they would, they hate their job. I dont blame them!!! Also, some full timers dont like to see temps treated equally as them, it becomes a problem in some areas, not all areas of the plant are like that. If your working first shift and possibly got hired on, you automatically get bumped to B shift which is 2nd. From what I was told you stay on B shift FOREVER, before they even consider bumping you back to first, which is all based off your clock# whether or not you get put on for first shift.

Advice to Management

Give temps a fair chance, just like the full time associates. Paid Vacation days should be rewarded by either the hours or months in.....like..... 7 vacation days 3 call ins and 5 emergency days. Eligible for vacation days after completing 6 or 7 months with required hours included.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have worked here 17 years and will continue to be employed because of the job security.

Current Employee - Production Associate in Marysville, OH
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Marysville, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are the best part of Honda

Cons

Repetitive work and injuries are the main concern

Advice to Management

Not at this time

Good for a couple years

Current Employee - Engineering Coordinator in East Liberty, OH
    Current Employee - Engineering Coordinator in East Liberty, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Good starter job Looks good on resume Most people are friendly There is nothing else remotely PRO about working for this company.

Cons

With each promotion your dollar/hour worked decreases. Promotions awarded based on amount of brown-nosing or who you know and even then they are few and far between. Performance review system is a joke. Ratings determined before reviews are given. Benefits have been cut to average and pay is below average. Complete idiots hold most of the mid to senior level management positions. Most of these people have no engineering or technical background. If you're good at a job, expect to stay in that job for the rest of your career. Absolutely NO work/home balance. If you plan to have a family STAY AWAY. 600 hrs of OT a year. Work 75% of all weekends and holidays. All this and a 1% pay increase every year, what's inflation going for these days?

Advice to Management

As if they would take the time to listen and act to advice? For example, professionally approached my department manager about pay increase. After I listened to him whine about how much he makes....... said he would talk to some people and get back with me. After 3 months, still waiting. Goodbye Honda.