Honda of America Mfg.
www.ohio.honda.com Marysville, OH 5000+ Employees

26 Years For What??

Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee)
East Liberty, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits (if your allowed to use them or not cheated out of them)
Yearly Bonus
Other than money there are no Pros.

ConsManagers are more like prison wardens. "Respect for the individual" is no longer used except in the company's vision statement!

Currently the company is doing everything possible to eliminate those getting close to retirement!
Seniority counts for nothing and experience is not considered. Job assignments and shift preference are not given out on time of service or experience; it’s not what you know it’s who you know.
Promotions and favored positions are given only to the “Good Ole Boys” using the tight buddy system.

Evaluations are a joke, they are not used to improve performance or praise good performance; but used as a tool to cover managements short comings at your expense.

HR and CC are of no use to anyone. The open door policy, means if you don’t like it; there is the front door, don’t let it hit you on the way out.

In-house product quality is poor due to inconsistency of training, fatigued workers and outdated/poorly maintenanced equipment.

Honda is a good name to have on your resume but don’t waste your life here. The Honda family as it was once known, no longer exist, you will pay with your mind and body if not your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your ass "Go to the Spot", share in the associates "3 Joys"!

Quit shooting down your people just because they know more than you! Take the time to walk in their shoes if only for a few minutes!

Jumping in and helping a line associate will go a long way in improving your image!

This is the worst management I've ever seen in my entire career at Honda! Rude, obnoxious, with a holier than thou attitude.

I have worked here 17 years and will continue to be employed because of the job security.

Production Associate (Current Employee)
Marysville, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits are the best part of Honda Cons: Repetitive work and injuries are the main concern Advice to Senior Management: Not at this time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good for a couple years

Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee)
East Liberty, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros: Good starter job Looks good on resume Most people are friendly There is… Cons: With each promotion your dollar/hour worked decreases. Promotions awarded based on amount of brown-nosing or who you know and even then they are few and far… Advice to Senior Management: As if they would take the time to listen and act to advice? For example, professionally approached my department manager about pay increase. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Honda of America Mfg..

Worked for Honda of America Mfg.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Honda of America Mfg. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Honda of America Mfg. CEO Tomomi Kosaka. All reviews posted anonymously by Honda of America Mfg. employees.