There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg.

They use you

Current Employee - Associate in Anna, OH
Current Employee - Associate in Anna, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Good pay and the ppl are great to work with. They do care alot about associate safety.

Cons

There is never any chance of getting hired in there full time. If you dont have a least 20 years in you will be stuck on 1nd shift so it leaves no chance to watch your kids grow up.

Hire some of your temps instead of keeping them there so you dont have to pay the insurance.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Honda of America Mfg. (View Most Recent)

An engineering co-op's brief glimpse at HAM Mfg.

Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Marysville, OH
    Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Marysville, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

I was a summer co-op at Honda, so I'll detail what I can. Most of the people I met there were very friendly people who seemed to work at least diligently and humbly. Overtime offered for the ability to rack up money if that's your thing.

Cons

I'm a college student so naturally I wasn't a fan of getting up at 4am to drive an hour from Columbus out to the middle of nowhere and having to clock in not 1 second later than 630am. Wait, doesn't anyone like this? I had to go in a lot of Saturdays too. I got the feeling from a lot of the associates that Honda could pretty much drain your life and free time away. Some of the engineers I knew worked 6-7 days a week. For a young person like me about to head out into the career world, this concept was absolutely horrifying. Even some of the other comments here seem to confirm that the Work-Life balance is pretty bad. The only benefit I saw was that all this overtime could mean lots of extra money in your pocket. Unfortunately, that interests me in no way whatsoever. Unsurprisingly, some of the associates subtly hinted that I should see what else is out there.

N/A

Honda Manufacturing - o.k. but not great.

Former Employee - Engineering Coordinator in Marysville, OH
    Former Employee - Engineering Coordinator in Marysville, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

If you're a young engineer - especially one without a family - it's a great place to go and work a ton of overtime and get paid for it. They have recently introduced newer technology in both the manufacturing and design areas, which is exciting.

Cons

Work-life balance is horrible. Working at Honda is a lifestyle, not a job or career. If you have children in school - be accustomed to missing events and missing holidays with your family.

Try to find a way to better balance work and family life with exempt associates. Often times, the hourly production workers are much better 'taken care of' than management / technical staff. There has recently been a push - especially within HAM - to reduce overhead manpower. That is understandable, but the methods for doing so are leading to a culture where those who you don't want to leave (the younger, more efficient staff) are leaving and those you don't want to stay (the more experienced, more costly, less effective staff) are staying.

There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg.