Could be better

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Marysville, OH
Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Marysville, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Perfect job- for a while

Cons

Very tough on your body physically and mentally. They get their 10 -15 years of good work out of you and that is what they are looking for. No way to earn a promotion. Have to be somebody's buddy.

Advice to Management

Take a look at what is going on around you

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

They use you

Current Employee - Associate in Anna, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Anna, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Good pay and the ppl are great to work with. They do care alot about associate safety.

Cons

There is never any chance of getting hired in there full time. If you dont have a least 20 years in you will be stuck on 1nd shift so it leaves no chance to watch your kids grow up.

Advice to Management

Hire some of your temps instead of keeping them there so you dont have to pay the insurance.

An engineering co-op's brief glimpse at HAM Mfg.

Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Marysville, OH
    Former Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Marysville, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

I was a summer co-op at Honda, so I'll detail what I can. Most of the people I met there were very friendly people who seemed to work at least diligently and humbly. Overtime offered for the ability to rack up money if that's your thing.

Cons

I'm a college student so naturally I wasn't a fan of getting up at 4am to drive an hour from Columbus out to the middle of nowhere and having to clock in not 1 second later than 630am. Wait, doesn't anyone like this? I had to go in a lot of Saturdays too. I got the feeling from a lot of the associates that Honda could pretty much drain your life and free time away. Some of the engineers I knew worked 6-7 days a week. For a young person like me about to head out into the career world, this concept was absolutely horrifying. Even some of the other comments here seem to confirm that the Work-Life balance is pretty bad. The only benefit I saw was that all this overtime could mean lots of extra money in your pocket. Unfortunately, that interests me in no way whatsoever. Unsurprisingly, some of the associates subtly hinted that I should see what else is out there.

Advice to Management

N/A