There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg.

Great Place

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Technical staff really know their stuff.

Cons

Can't eat or drink at your desk!

Need to permanently acquire contracted talent that actually keep things working.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Honda of America Mfg. (View Most Recent)

good on resume if you plan on working in auto industry

Current Employee - Purchasing Co-Op
    Current Employee - Purchasing Co-Op

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

good place to start your career

Cons

compensation much lower than other companies

Lack of communication between departments

The extremes are just that--extreme.

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Truthfully I have had a mixed experience with Honda. On the positive end, my direct supervisor is absolutely wonderful in all senses of the word: his training has been thorough and fast-paced but not overwhelming while exposing me to more facets to the job than I can count. I also have peers in similiar capacities that are as dedicated and committed to doing their jobs well, something I hold absolutely dearly. Essentially, there are people at Honda who care--and care a LOT--about what they do and how well they do it. The flip side of that coin, however, is that such dedication is more common on the assembly line than on the office side, at least in my limited experience.

Cons

If the people that care and try their best each day are Honda's strength, then the far greater number of people who don't seem to take their positions as anything more than a paycheck are its greatest weakness. This kind of hands-off, no-personal-responsibility attitude is rampant in the office environment though to be fair I can only make that statement about the couple of divisions that I have direct acquaintance with. I am not sure how to put it to avoid sounding discriminatory but there are just so many people here who don't seem to care about doing things the 'right way.' By that I mean that people don't care that they do their daily tasks incorrectly because 1-someone else has to clean up their contractual "messes" and 2-they get paid and have no worry of actual discipline and they act it.

The biggest issue is the number of higher-tier (management) people with 'positions' rather than 'jobs.' There are so many people who seem to do nothing but present useless data to other managers. To what effect? None, aside from wasting company time and resources, while people a tier or two lower pull the actual weight. There are of course times when studies and reviews and presentations are necessary and useful, but the amount they're endulged here is nauseating.

Someone at the top level needs to review how little--and how damaging--Honda's obscene number of mid-tier management-level employees can be. The work load distribution is terrible and the people who truly care about their work and do it well (not to mention properly, which is rare) are the ones that the management treats poorly and runs off. The worst part is that this seems to be a company-wide mantra.

There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg.