There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg.

Our Management team Sucks, with one hand they shake your hand with the other they are knifing you in the back!

Current Employee - Material Service Management Team Member in Anna, OH
Current Employee - Material Service Management Team Member in Anna, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

The benefits and pay. They put out a very positive image to the public, but the reality is, without the benefits and pay, this place would be a revolving door. Oh ya, I don't want to forget the pretty hats that us folks in MS get to wear to make sure that we are all on one team with the rest of the associates in the company.

Cons

Management is terrible. Open door policy my Xss! The only open door policy is the front door when they kick you out when, not if you get hurt, and are replaced by a temperary associate MCP who Honda leads on telling them they "may" be hired...lol! These are Honda's second teir worker's just like GM and Ford. MCPs will never be hired. Honda is just another auto company trying to cut costs and keep the unions out as long as they can.

Advice to AEP plant management would be to have some external Honda safety and ethics personel come in and clean up AEP's MS management team starting with the coordinators and working up to the top.If the things going on in our department were to ever be found out you would all be screwed!

83 Other Employee Reviews for Honda of America Mfg. (View Most Recent)

Expect to be injured and unappreciated.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Assc in East Liberty, OH
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Assc in East Liberty, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    Can't
    think
    of any more
    Did try to keep plants working when economy went to hell

Cons

Lazy Management
    Bad Management
    Harder you work the more work you get
    Lazy peoples dream job
    Place got worse the longer I was there. More was expected and less was given.
    If you want to die early and work yourself to death this is a good place to start

Promote people who can do the jobs not those who say they can

Great place to gain experience

Former Employee - Co-Op in Raymond, OH
    Former Employee - Co-Op in Raymond, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Team-focused environment, wearing a uniform every day saves time, saves money, and allows all associates to be treated equally, ample break time

Cons

pay structure is very flat, not a lot of advancement opportunities, associates tend to get 'stuck' in certain departments

employees should be promoted based on merit, not only on length of employment, pay structure should not be as flat to encourage associates' performance

There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg.