Great company overall, but more so for those at the early stages of their career

Former Employee - Technical Specialist  in  Greensburg, IN
Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Greensburg, IN

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

- Healthcare benefits (no co-pay)
- Uniforms (no need to have to pick out something new everyday)
- No layoffs in company's history (allowed process associates the option of no pay/no penalty during 2008-2009 recession)
- Brand new, clean plant
- Great products, you might notice a higher price but the quality is worth every penny

Cons

-Compensation is low in comparison to rest of automotive industry. Don't expect to come in making more than 55K. They don't pay extra for advanced degrees or certifications
- No pictures, drinks, food allowed anywhere. Food is only allowed in cafeteria.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is only 1 day for your first year, it doesn't come until after 90 days. After you get 8 days your next year you can only use 3 single days, after that must be consecutively used, and Friday/Monday doesnt count (because they are considered different weeks). If you need to miss a day cause you are sick, use sick days? Nope, use days from the 8 you have. What if my single days are all used up? Guess you are using 2 days in a row or taking points. One missed day is 2 points, 8 gets you fired.
- Titles dont matter, you will be doing projects that have nothing to do with your background. Engineers get moved to be Team Managers (production supervisors) without asking. You can't turn it down because how would that look? Oh yeah, no pay increase it's called job assignment, not promotion.

-Don't just listen to associate voice when it is positive
- Grow a backbone discipline the ones who need it, who runs the show anyways?

Other Reviews for Honda of America Mfg.

Our Management team Sucks, with one hand they shake your hand with the other they are knifing you in the back!

Current Employee - Material Service Management Team Member  in  Anna, OH
    Current Employee - Material Service Management Team Member in Anna, OH

I have been working at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

The benefits and pay. They put out a very positive image to the public, but the reality is, without the benefits and pay, this place would be a revolving door. Oh ya, I don't want to forget the pretty hats that us folks in MS get to wear to make sure that we are all on one team with the rest of the associates in the company.

Cons

Management is terrible. Open door policy my Xss! The only open door policy is the front door when they kick you out when, not if you get hurt, and are replaced by a temperary associate MCP who Honda leads on telling them they "may" be hired...lol! These are Honda's second teir worker's just like GM and Ford. MCPs will never be hired. Honda is just another auto company trying to cut costs and keep the unions out as long as they can.

Advice to AEP plant management would be to have some external Honda safety and ethics personel come in and clean up AEP's MS management team starting with the coordinators and working up to the top.If the things going on in our department were to ever be found out you would all be screwed!

Expect to be injured and unappreciated.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Assc  in  East Liberty, OH
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Assc in East Liberty, OH

I worked at Honda of America Mfg.

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    Can't
    think
    of any more
    Did try to keep plants working when economy went to hell

Cons

Lazy Management
    Bad Management
    Harder you work the more work you get
    Lazy peoples dream job
    Place got worse the longer I was there. More was expected and less was given.
    If you want to die early and work yourself to death this is a good place to start

Promote people who can do the jobs not those who say they can

There are newer employer reviews for Honda of America Mfg..

Worked for Honda of America Mfg.? Contribute to the Community!