Honeywell

www.honeywell.com
  www.honeywell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

The work is engaging and plentiful so it is a good time to join aviation.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

The aviation economy is picking up a little but the work in plentiful from what I have seen. My group is swamped and I know a few others that are too so there is plenty of work right now.

Cons

Since the aviation economy is only picking up a little bit money is still tight for hardware and software. The outsourced IT dept is terrible, it takes forever to get anything done. It can take months to get needed software packages like MS-Project or VISIO.Some of the wait is related to the IT red tape and not cost. The new health care plan is a high deductible HSA plan.

Do something about IT, anything.

1827 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Make your metrics green or be buried in red tape

Current Employee - Logistics Manager
    Current Employee - Logistics Manager

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

It is a good outfit where employees are truly empowered. Work hard and you will get rewarded with promotions and recognition. Good pension program and a friendly work environment.

Cons

The new 2012 health benefits packages will bankrupt many employees; and they are trying to sell them as good, hoping employees can't do math. There is constant repetition in communication and endless meetings that mimic the movie Office Space's "Did you get the memo about the cover sheets on the TPS reports?" Many times minor incidents are treated the same as serious problems, because "that is the standard" way of solving a problem. Problems get solved, but the meetings and report-outs can be exhausting.

Great place to work.

I worked at Honeywell

Pros

Honeywell is a great place to work. Strong management, good relationships with customers, good global footprint. I would recommend Honeywell to anyone.

Cons

Hard to identify any major cons. Integration of Honeywell / AlliedSignal went well. Probably could use better cross fertilization between divisions.

Keep investing in global markets and developing countries. Keep driving six sigma. Employees continue to be the best asset that Honeywell has.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell