very educational

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

good benefits and fair pay

Cons

disorganized upper management and structure

communicate better

Other Reviews for Honeywell

Not horrible, not great....

Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Plenty of opportunity if you bust your a$$. Dedicated hard working employees, Sr Leadership and middle management seem to care for their people (Not representative of Executive Leadership..) “

Cons

Massive lack of valuing the “workforce”. We have lost the focus of making this a family away from your family. We spend more time with our co-workers than our actual families. (Especially now that people are expected to work 50/60yhrs a week, while being compensated for 40). 10 years ago (Prior to GE’s interests and Allied Signal’s purchase) We were a family oriented business that people looked forward to serving 30-40 years and retiring from. Now we are a company that people can’t wait to find something better. It is made clear (By Sr. Leadership) that if you want to be compensated fairly, you will need to leave. We fail to invest in our people on the hopes that they will serve us loyally for their entire career. Failing to understand that hiring new employees to replace the high talent that leave for greener pastures costs a great deal of money, time, and greatly affects our ability to serve our customers (negatively)

HR is there to protect Honeywell, not the people.

Outsourcing, and reductions in force; I am not talking about India and China here, there is a need to have diversity and coverage globally. However, years ago Honeywell manufactured the best Avionics in the industry and had an outstanding global support force. Now we are more interested in saving $10 a card or box that we can have some other business or country manufacture for us. Problem here is that we lose quality control of that product and it ends up costing us millions when they fail to perform at what we have guaranteed our customers they will. Our world class global support has been cut to the bone forcing Avionics and Mechanical FSE’s to perform as “nose to tail” FSE’s.. Customers are not impressed. We are told to tell customers this is in an effort to be “Best in Class” (BIC) a term that most customers will tell you we “WERE” BIC prior to our re-org..

Leadership and its decisions are focused on two things and two things only; Stock performance, and Shareholder satisfaction. Customer and Employee satisfaction are distant after thoughts,.. In that order. Decisions and investments are focused on the short term vision,.. what will effect Stock performance and Shareholder satisfaction TODAY.. Until we realize that Stock performance and Shareholder satisfaction are byproducts of Customer and Employee satisfaction we will continue to be mediocre at best.

Most of the workforce is grossly under paid, some in excess of $25,000 below the lower range of recommended salary ranges and what competitors are paying

And finally (And most importantly!!), our performance management process is broken badly. We are forced to differentiate our employees by a “FORCED numerical distribution” HR, Legal and Sr. Leadership will tell you that this is not the case. I am here to tell you it most definitely is.. We are forced in many cases to rate some of our high performers as mediocre, and even worse our “Steady Eddies” as low performers.. In order to hit our pre determined “numerical distribution” So much so that managers are being told that you will not differentiate your employees, you will be “differentiated”

Until our executives understand that bonuses of up to 500 times the average salaries of their engineering force (Who by the way do not get ANY bonus) we will never be "Best in Class"
    Our engineers are our golden egg laying goose.. NOT Executive Leadership,.. TAKE CARE OF THEM!!!

Recognize and pay your people competitively and Fairly. This is actually costing us more money in the long run.

Focus on making this a place people look forward to coming into work again, and more importantly a place people want to remain at until they retire

HR needs to be there for the people, or the people will find someone to represent them. Yes, people will get sick of being taken advantage of. Want to keep the union out of Honeywell?? It's simple,.. TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE GOLD,... or at least fairly..

Either bring back manufacturing or at least better contracting processes to allow us full quality control of those products that we outsource and still put our names on. It is Honeywell that the customers are furious with when they fail to perform at guaranteed MTBF/MTBUR

This seems like to most simple to me but, Focus on your employees! Treat them like gold. It is the best investment you can make. Stress that Customers are job number one. If you have high employee and customer satisfaction you will undoubtedly have positive stock performance and shareholder satisfaction. This is not rocket science and is working great for many companies that are embracing it.

From an engineer’s point of view:

High Employee = High Customer Satisfaction = Positive Stock performance and Shareholder satisfaction.

Positive Stock performance and Shareholder satisfaction does not equate to High Employee + Customer Satisfaction

Get rid of our HORRIBLE Performance Development System... It will be the death of this company!!!!!
    Share some of those ridiculous bonuses with the people that are actually responsible for making this company successful. VP and presidential bonuses are enough to make those busting their asses for this company sick to their stomachs..

Let me end this with stating, I am not a disgruntled employee. On the contrary, I love Honeywell, and am passionate about its success. I can only hope that this gets read by the right people that also care enough to make the success of this company more of a priority than the bonus amount they can get by "hitting the numbers"

Ok

Current Employee - Finance Analyst  in  Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Honeywell

Pros

Company has great technologies in good industries as they say.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are quite bad.

Need to reward employees better with higher pay raises. I know so many coworkers are looking at jumping. I wouldn't be surprised if between people retiring and jumping ship 20% will leave my site in 2012.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!