Honeywell

www.honeywell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Great People ... Good collaborative environment.

Current Employee - Engineering in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Engineering in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers and leaders with a collaborative attitude to helping employees and the company progress.

Cons

Below average income, outrageous benefits costs, University Relations Leader is horrible.

Create more affordable and attractive benefits package.

1911 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Little training, lackluster benefits, and a company culture that's too focused on corporate baloney create a fatal mix.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer I in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Average pay, flexible hours (core hours of 10am-3pm M-F, otherwise just make 40 hours a week and you're good), good work/life balance.

Cons

Unpaid overtime (get paid hourly up to 40 and no other pay, even if mandatory overtime assigned), horrible health insurance (my insurance as a student was better - and I paid less for it), too much process and too little engineering, little to no training, takes way too long to move up the hierarchy, raises are minuscule, workplace is super depressing, no social events for employees (except when an employee leaves, oddly enough).

Don't take your talent for granted. Work to increase social events for employees. Need to energize your work base; employees are consistently depressed, which hampers productivity. TRAINING!! I've been working in my group for 8 months and the documentation and training is so horrible I still don't know anything about the system.

Hire technical writers. Let engineers actually engineer. I didn't study hard for four years to fix commas and capitalize sentences.

Great experience with limited responsibilities.

Current Employee - Mechanical Intern in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Mechanical Intern in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Honeywell as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Good experience. Great people. Laid-back work environment. It was an excellent experience working in a professional environment on real-world products.

Cons

Job content was lacking. Not much responsibility or accountability. They don't have much mechanical work (at least in the area I was working in). Mostly working on developing Pro/E models of electrical systems.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell