Honeywell

www.honeywell.com

Great large company with strong leader at the top

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLarge well-established company with solid processes and procedures that help delineate roles and responsibilities and accountability. Strong focus on six sigma and lean. Strong CEO that has helped Honeywell through the weak economy and maintain if not gain in most the industries it is in compared to the last time Honeywell went through a recession. Solid 401K program and one of the few companies that still has a pension.

ConsPerformance management was brought over from GE and helped at first to eliminate most of the weak performers, but now it causes solid contributors to potentially be managed out. Benefits have been cut severely especially medical. Compensation is average and it seems like merit raises are more based on your ability to "play the game" than on results.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerformance management could become an issue if we continue to manage out valued contributors. Also as a new generation of employees becomes part of our work force we need to understand and value their emphasis on work/life balance and make changes in our own expectations if needed.

Work at Honeywell

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than a year

Pros: Employees are well taken care of Cons: nothing i can remember at this point Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome company to join with 3+ yr of experience. Don;t join as fresher

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good company with high reputation. pays well if you have good experience. onsite opportunity of minimum 3… Cons: Politics and the work is monotonous. no work from home.… Advice to Senior Management: stop politics at work and don't spoil the culture of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Honeywell.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!