There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Great company to work for, good benefits and work culture

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Folsom, CA
Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great place to work for.

Cons

not a dynamic environment. company focuses on tried and trusted methods. If one has lot of energy and enthusiasm they will be forced to tone down!

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell

Fairly Disappointed

Former Employee - Engineer in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Engineer in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Pay was adequate * Plenty of free parking (I can't think of another plus...)

Cons

* Very poor micromanager (now gone from company) * Inane two week vacation offering to senior level applicants. No negotiation possible. * Absurdly poor and underfunded IT department * Lean/5S culture adopted was somewhat extreme (don't forget to adjust the position of your desk phone when you leave at night.) * New employees were strongly, creepily, pushed to give to the almighty Honeywell PAC.

Advice to Management

* Offer more than two weeks vacation for senior level people, or watch people refuse offers of employment. * Adequately fund IT departments. One person on site for 400 workers was a demonstrated disaster. * Don't push the influence peddling Honeywell PAC so hard to new employees, to try to get them to donate. Some people actually have intact business ethics, and believe hired guns in Washington are not a net plus. * This may come as a shock, but the concentration of wealth and power by a few at the top of the Honeywell hierarchy is good for just those few, but bad for the 99% of normal employees. Really.

This company CAN do better. And it needs to do better for its employees.

I have been working at Honeywell part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working hard will get you the chance to interview for positions. My location has good management. Coworkers are nice and make the job enjoyable.

Cons

Promotions are not given out - you have to interview for all positions. What if someone is truly deserving of being promoted? Seems like you can't get that promotion. Healthcare plan is atrocious - I will be paying over $5,000 for my health insurance once I factor in my $4,000 deductible and my monthly premium. Too many people in management positions, very, very management heavy. Do you really need to have six layers of management within the same building? Cut out three of those managers, you don't need them. Human resources refuses to answer questions for people, constantly refers employees to outsourced contractors who aren't knowledgeable on policy, and therefore aren't able to help. No empowerment of employees to make decisions to help the business.

Advice to Management

Start eliminating some of the "middle management" people. You don't need so many managers. I hear buzzwords like 'lean' but the organization is so thick and heavy with managers who don't add value to the company... those middle managers actually mask a lot of problems. Make sure that you have enough production employees to get work done, and pay those production employees well and give them good benefits - without them, you don't have a business. Pay employees for good ideas, there are employees who have billion dollar ideas and could save the company millions annually, but they aren't going to share those ideas with management because what incentive is there for them to do so? Basically, treat your employees well, because if your employees are happy, everyone wins.