There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

No pay increases for 2013!

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's your standard engineering workplace.

Cons

Last year Honeywell earned $36 billion, but they can't give a pay increase to anyone in Honeywell Aerospace. While the CEO just got a 20% raise to $16 million a year.

1734 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Very good experience provided opportunity to increase my experience

Former Employee - Senior Materials Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Materials Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Honeywell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very strong team oriented culture a the individual facillity. Results and action oriented without looking to create blame for issues and problems.

Cons

Micro management at corporate level limits employee effectiveness in executing plant level goals and objectives. Structure can limit employees creative problem solving and implementation.

It stays afloat by cutting employee benefits

Current Employee - Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a safe company to work for. They push safety but I'm sure its more for the bottom line.

Cons

It can careless about the health of it's employees, we basically have minimal insurance with a $3000 dollar delectable that has expensive premiums and it claims it is self insured.
    It is not giving raises this year on the lame excuse "they are not sure what is going to happen if we go over the fiscal cliff", my take is they are just adding to their profits, It has cut our benefits down to the point it cannot cut anymore.
    Did I mention our company made billions of dollars last year so our CEOs, with a plural there will get their bonuses.
    We also have received email notices not to talk to any law enforcement about company business and are to refer them to our legal department.
    This is a review from a 25+ year employee so I have to much invested to find another job. I would not work for them because it is just a shell of what it was 25 years ago Cote has gutted it.

Better hope this economy stays around a long time when it improves employees that are not vested like me will leave in droves. It is the worst managed company I know of and magazines that rate it high like Forbes and Bloomberg just encourage it's crappy treatment of employees.
    I think Dilbeert said it correct when he said if it was legal to sell employee body parts this company would slaughter us in our cubical.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!