Honeywell

www.honeywell.com

Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Flexibility, established process, big enough to move into different roles to reduce boredom, internal opportunity to learn. Technical path exists parallel to management for those who want to pursue their area of expertise instead of management.

Cons

merit raises are routinely cancelled due to economic conditions or partial furloughs implemented. Morale fluxuates within different departments. Benefits reduced year to year.

Hire for talent. Hire for innovation. Spend time with the individuals who show the most promise. Be consistent. Reduce the overhead; too many processes.

Other reviews for Honeywell

Not bad, but common big business pitfalls

Current Employee - Engineer  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Engineer in South Bend, IN

Pros

Decent salary, low stress level, work tends to be on and off at the start and end of the day with little carry over. Once in, access to internal job postings.

Cons

Benefits shrinking rapidly. 401K used to be the best in the business and is now mediocre. Raises are cut this year due to a "bad economy" even though almost no other businesses are doing that and our stock is as high as its ever been. Standard GE review style where someone has to be at the bottom isn't great. Lots of big ideas and programs that don't end up going anywhere.

Get rid of the new age MBAs. They're pushing everything to driving next quarter profits rather than investing in good products, employees, and the long term. If we could invest all of our cash for a year or two and make our customers happy we'd be on top of the industry again like we once were.

Can't recommend working here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

really? can't think of one at this time.

Cons

remember: HR is not your friend. subjected to hostile work environment in my last work assignment and suffered through it because of the poor economy. told by multiple people if I filed my complaint they would find another reason to fire me. Of course just voting as a Democrat gets you laid off at this company.

take some of your bonuses and spread out your wealth and you might attract some decent employees. allow subordinates to do 360 reviews on their managers to get a truer picture of your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell.

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!