Honeywell

My disturbing time with Honeywell CMSS

Former Employee - Test Technician in Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Test Technician in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Honeywell full-time

Pros

The company has a broad base; they have their hand in just about everything and that gives your job there a good foundation.

Cons

In the case of CMSS, poorly engineered product, a disconnect between engineering and test and the worst in my eyes, outsourcing assembly and test jobs to China.

Spend the money to fix the engineering issues, break the barriers between engineering and production/test and BRING THE JOBS BACK TO THE U.S.A.!

1858 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Interesting work, great co-workers, short-sighted management, Aerospace electronics products virtually a monopoly

Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Received my MBA through company. Work was challenging and salary OK. Cooperative co-workers.

Cons

Promotions based on 'good-ole-boy' network. Quantity and speed valued over quality. Minimal managerial skills. After Honeywell paid over $10K for my MBA, it was not taken advantage of. Contributions to Honeywell PAC were made culturally obligatory.

Please ensure managers are using skills taught in training. Employee evaluations should be standardized and reviewed by HR to ensure objective, relevant, and motivational language is used.

A solid brick and mortar employer to work for: 11 years at 2 divisions.

Former Employee - Electronics Technician
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cross-training and making best use of current skills while improving weaknesses. Strong, consistent performance of technicians and engineering with an old school "roots" feel. Enjoyed interactions and positive vibe. Employee empowerment.

Cons

Large temporary workforce makes it a fight for permanent positions. Engineers and assemblers treated as upper and lower classes with no middle class for technicians as they are viewed as a non-value added commodity. A tech implies a problem within the process attitude. This is very subtle and my only Con. Most might not notice. Oh, you can golf your way up the ladder. As a PGA sponsor they love golf - unfair to those who don't. Minor Cons.

Perhaps keep a keener focus on accountability concerning deliverable's. Basic checks and balances on paperwork. Awareness of workers environmental challenges differs globally and impacts time management. No solution in place for adjusting workload impacted by "how hot it is". Global expectations on receivables are all same and needed flexibility of mentioned items depending on site by site factors

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell