Honeywell

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell

A Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Information Technology
Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I think that Honeywell's benefits are pretty typical for companies these days. Most of the people I've ever worked with are reasonable and pleasant to work with. The facilities I have worked in or visited are well-maintained and decent to work at. Individual managers tended to be flexible when it came to work/life balance.

Cons

Sometimes there was pressure for higher management to work to unrealistic schedules and I would never say life was "laid back".

1915 Other Employee Reviews for Honeywell (View Most Recent)

Good opportunities if you like to bounce around.

Current Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture (at least in customer and product support) is above-average. Managers generally look out for their employees. Exploring different areas of the business are encouraged.

Cons

We are underpaid, a fact that has been confirmed by upper management. Benefits have been cut greatly across the board. And the only way to progress is via job-hopping and taking positions within various groups.

Pay us more, and bump up the benefits.

Lot's of Opportunities. Some are Great, Some are true "Widow Makers."

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at Honeywell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of highly qualified, intelligent co-workers. Some of the best leaders I've ever worked for. Great internal training opportunities allowing you to develop your skills. Freedom to apply for new roles internal to the organization almost anywhere in the world.

Cons

Large enough and beurocratic enough that some very poor managers can hide in the system if they play the politics correctly. Individuals can be put in positions with no chance for success and then held accountable when the rest of the organization doesn't go along.

Improve accountability at shop floor level before flushing out so many salaried employees working hard to make improvements. Not the case at all sites but absolutely the case at some of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Honeywell